Topics

moderated Message editor needs attachment button.

Mark,

40 groups have had their attachments permanently deleted.

The ability to add an attachment to a stored message by editing it would come in handy just about now... My PTA group has a few that I'd put back if I could.

Also, there's no indication that the message ever had an attachment. It would be much friendlier if the deletion had left behind some marker with as much meta-data as is known about what had been attached. That goes for the intended use case as well as the accident.

Ah, there is one indication: there's still a paperclip icon in the Topics/Messages list. But not on the page of the message itself.

Shal

Frances

It would be neat if the edit message box (not sure of the name but I will attach a photo!) had the ability for a moderator / owner to move (or copy) the attachment to Files or Photos. My members would never think to put something in Files.

Frances

Frances,

It would be neat if the edit message box (not sure of the name but I
will attach a photo!) had the ability for a moderator / owner to move
(or copy) the attachment to Files or Photos.
Ah yes, agreed.

That could also be the way you put a "keep" on particular attachments that you don't want swept away by the quota monster. Just as long as there remains a link from the message to the moved/copied former attachments.

Otherwise, we need a feature to put a "keep" marker on particularly valuable attachments. Age alone is not a sufficient measure of an attachment's value.

Shal

Shal, Frances,

These are good ideas. I've added an item in Trello about it. I have disabled the quote enforcing utility for the time being. I need to finish up a couple of other things I'm in the middle of, and then I will work on this (hopefully next week), before I reenable the quota enforcer.