moderated Reporting editor problems

Hi All,

There have been a couple of editor problems reported that I cannot reproduce. Specifically, in the editor wiki page, I cannot reproduce the blockquote quirk. I also have not been able to reproduce other problems editing existing pending messages. Nor have I been able to reproduce any problems splitting lines of text. If you are seeing problems, please send an email to support with as much detail as possible (no detail too small! no price too low!) :

- What browser/OS are you using?
- If a pending message, which pending message are you editing? If you've already approved the pending message, point me to it in the archives.
- What are the EXACT steps to take to reproduce the problem? Pretend I'm an idiot (it's not that difficult!). Tell me exactly what to type and where to position the cursor. An example of the confusion I'm suffering when trying to reproduce things: on the wiki page talking about the blockquote quirk, it's not clear to me if the Blockquote button on the toolbar is ever pressed, or if you're just talking about quoting the existing message, using either the Quote Whole Message button or by highlighting part of the existing message before hitting the reply button.

I think I've fixed the slowness issue (bad javascript on my part), as well as the HTML flashing issue.

On 14 Jun 2017 at 21:14, Mark Fletcher wrote:

There have been a couple of editor problems reported that I cannot
reproduce.
Mark,

I just wanted to throw in my data point: the new editor gives me an ability
that I haven't had - edit pending HTML messages, simply by exposing the
HTML code. I can add pictures when necessary by throwing in an img
src. It's a great improvement for me.

I haven't encountered any errors.

--
Jim
Poston@vch-nv.us

<< PARODY ERROR: Cannot locate file WEIRD_AL.EXE >>

Mark,

Specifically, in the editor wiki page, I cannot reproduce the
blockquote quirk.
it's not clear to me if the Blockquote button on the toolbar is ever
pressed,
It is, with the cursor down below the inserted quote, within text typed (or pasted) by the user. I'll do a step by step to support.

Shal
Firefox on WinXP or Win10

Hi All,

Quick update. Thanks to some detailed bug reports, I think I have fixed the problem with blockquotes and replies to messages. And for editing wiki pages, I've switched the editor's behavior back to using P tags when hitting the enter key, which I think should fix any problems there.

There is a bug in the editor when it's in the single line per enter key mode and the existing text has P tags. I have submitted a bug report to the developers with an example of this problem. I'm not sure if/when they will fix it, but I think my changes have addressed the problems people have been seeing with the new editor.

I still need to figure out why the editor is slow for some people.