Topics

moderated log activity when someone responds to a poll #suggestion

Bill Hazel

Getting back to the original question: Could we be notified if someone responded to a poll?
I don't care if all it says that someone responded. I would just like to know someone responded to a poll. I can look at the poll to see the information I'm looking for.

Oh, I think you mean you can edit the poll after people have already voted to show who voted for what. That's pretty bad.

On Fri, Feb 14, 2020 at 10:05 PM, J_Catlady wrote:
Ok. That’s very good to know. I’ve been wanting to do an anonymous poll in my group but always thought it was not possible.
There's a very LARGE caveat.  The poll can be edited so that the information is revealed!  That might be considered a bug, or at least an undesired option.  Once the "Do not show who responded to the poll" option is chosen, it shouldn't be changeable.

Duane

Ok. That’s very good to know. I’ve been wanting to do an anonymous poll in my group but always thought it was not possible.

On Feb 14, 2020, at 7:10 PM, Duane <txpigeon@...> wrote:

On Fri, Feb 14, 2020 at 07:29 PM, J_Catlady wrote:
That depends on the answer to "Do not show WHO who responded to the poll"? Does it mean, don't even show the mods? I was under the impression it just meant "don't show the group."
On the two I looked at, not even an owner or poll creator can see who responded, being truly anonymous (except for the hidden record that keeps track of each persons response in case they want to change it.)  Keeping it from most members is covered by the "Only moderators and poll creators can view results and responders, regardless of whether the poll is open or closed." option.

On Fri, Feb 14, 2020 at 07:29 PM, J_Catlady wrote:
That depends on the answer to "Do not show WHO who responded to the poll"? Does it mean, don't even show the mods? I was under the impression it just meant "don't show the group."
On the two I looked at, not even an owner or poll creator can see who responded, being truly anonymous (except for the hidden record that keeps track of each persons response in case they want to change it.)  Keeping it from most members is covered by the "Only moderators and poll creators can view results and responders, regardless of whether the poll is open or closed." option.

Duane

On Fri, Feb 14, 2020 at 04:46 PM, Duane wrote:
I realized that if implemented, there should be no logging if the poll is set up for "Do not show who responded to the poll" is chosen.
That depends on the answer to "Do not show WHO who responded to the poll"? Does it mean, don't even show the mods? I was under the impression it just meant "don't show the group."

On Thu, Feb 13, 2020 at 07:34 PM, Bill Hazel wrote:
Could "responded to poll" be added as an activity in the logs (group's member activity log, and individual member activity log)?
While researching something else, I realized that if implemented, there should be no logging if the poll is set up for "Do not show who responded to the poll" is chosen.

Duane

Bill Hazel

I found this thread in a message search to see if it had been covered before.
Could "responded to poll" be added as an activity in the logs (group's member activity log, and individual member activity log)?

Ginny T.

I agree that this being added to the activity log would be wonderful!

Ginny

Another poll suggestion: would it be possible to have a link to the "results so far" to send the group via a message in the poll thread?  I'm looking for a simple way to update group members on the results so far, and to encourage them to take part in the poll. I tried sending the URL for the results page but it just linked back to the thread itself. (This is not as important as my first request, which is that there be some indication in the logs, or any log, that there was activity in the poll. Currently the only way to see that is to go into the actual poll.)