Topics

moderated Set timeout period for pending subscribers #suggestion

Armando <armando.elevatorfan@...>

I would like to be able to set a timeout period that will automatically reject new subscribers if they don't respond to the requirements to join my mailing list. We should have this feature because the moderators or the admins don't have to go into the pending subscriptions and reject them.

Sent from my iPhone 6s

On Thu, Mar 16, 2017 at 4:07 PM, Armando <armando.elevatorfan@...> wrote:
I would like to be able to set a timeout period that will automatically reject new subscribers if they don't respond to the requirements to join my mailing list. We should have this feature because the moderators or the admins don't have to go into the pending subscriptions and reject them.

This is a good idea. I've updated the system so that pending subscriptions will be deleted after 14 days, same policy as pending messages. I will turn this on next Wednesday, to give everyone time to approve old pending subs if they wish.

Thanks,
Mark

Sugar Lopez

Awesome

Tthank you

Sugar

“Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my
trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I entrust my life” (
Psalm 143:8).
-Sugar

From: beta@groups.io [mailto:beta@groups.io] On Behalf Of Mark Fletcher
Sent: Friday, March 17, 2017 3:58 PM
To: beta@groups.io
Subject: Re: [beta] Set timeout period for pending subscribers #suggestion

This is a good idea. I've updated the system so that pending subscriptions will be deleted after 14 days, same policy as pending messages. I will turn this on next Wednesday, to give everyone time to approve old pending subs if they wish.

Thanks,

Mark

Avast logo

This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
www.avast.com

Dave

That works Mark.  You might want to consider giving the group owner a choice as to the aging period.  72 hours would be more appropriate for the groups that I moderate.

David
group admin/owner for
larg, linuxham, nbems

On 03/17/2017 05:57 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:

Thanks,
Mark

Hi,

I second the suggestion of ability to configure this and pending message timeout. Thanks.

Cheers,

Joseph

From: beta@groups.io [mailto:beta@groups.io] On Behalf Of Dave
Sent: Friday, March 17, 2017 4:04 PM

That works Mark.  You might want to consider giving the group owner a choice as to the aging period.  72 hours would be more appropriate for the groups that I moderate.

David
group admin/owner for
larg, linuxham, nbems

Thanks,

Mark

Charlie Jenkins <sk8erbyker@...>

Thanks Mark! 

Thanks,
Charlie

On Mar 17, 2017 6:09 PM, "Joseph Lee" <joseph.lee22590@...> wrote:

Hi,

I second the suggestion of ability to configure this and pending message timeout. Thanks.

Cheers,

Joseph

David
group admin/owner for
larg, linuxham, nbems

On Thu, Mar 16, 2017 at 4:07 PM, Armando <armando.elevatorfan@icloud.com> wrote:

Thanks,

Mark

Douglas Swearingen

Thanks for all the work you do to make this group better, Mark.

Doug

On Friday, March 17, 2017 6:23 PM, Charlie Jenkins <sk8erbyker@...> wrote:

Thanks Mark! 

Thanks,
Charlie

On Mar 17, 2017 6:09 PM, "Joseph Lee" <joseph.lee22590@...> wrote:
Hi,
Cheers,
Joseph

David
group admin/owner for
larg, linuxham, nbems

On Thu, Mar 16, 2017 at 4:07 PM, Armando <armando.elevatorfan@icloud. com> wrote:

Thanks,
Mark