moderated Allow moderation of Photos?

Ginny T.

Would it be possible to allow moderation of photos, in the same way that messages are moderated? I'm not talking about the general group settings of "allow or not", or the specific album permissions of who (all or owner) can add to the album -

I mean when a member uploads a photo ( to any album), it's held in moderation until it is approved (or rejected). We have some specific guidelines for photo posting in the group I'm moving, and there are members that  are seemingly oblivious, no matter how much general help and/or 1 on 1 help is offered. The only way thing that helped was to moderate photos. A simple "approve or reject" would be wonderful... (and I know that "simple" is relative).

Please and thanks?

Ginny

Donald Hellen

An example would be that this would be very useful and welcome in
groups where children are likely to be in. We wouldn't want
pornographic material to be uploaded into the pictures section. It
would (might) eventually be discovered and removed but it's much
better to catch it before it gets there and does its damage.

Donald

On Sun, 12 Mar 2017 11:19:11 -0700, "Ginny T." <gttemari@verizon.net>
wrote:

We have some specific guidelines for photo posting in the group I'm moving, and there are members that are seemingly oblivious, no matter how much general help and/or 1 on 1 help is offered. The only way thing that helped was to moderate photos.

Hi All,

Moderation of photos is definitely on the TODO list, but I'm not sure when it will be done (it's a significant amount of work).

wrote:

>We have some specific guidelines for photo posting in the group I'm moving, and there are members that  are seemingly oblivious, no matter how much general help and/or 1 on 1 help is offered. The only way thing that helped was to moderate photos.

Ginny T.

Ah, thank you, Mark. I can appreciate that it is. I so very much hope that it can happen (sooner, rather than later and yes, I know I'm being greedy). We've had a lot of problems trying to control photos (like proper identification, staying on-topic, over-exuberance, etc.) and moderating them was the solution. As Donald pointed out, especially in today's world, a group being "infiltrated" even though owners/moderators do all we can to head that off at the pass, does happen. Whether it's porn, politics, advertising, or general spam that stuff still has to be weeded out if we can't head it off. Even with a moderator watching activity, there isn't someone on duty 24/7 so that stuff does manage to filter through to some members before moderators find and kill it.

I do appreciate all that you are doing with Groups.io, though - I've been "with you" since OneList and eGroups... and have sadly (and angrily) watched Yahoo all but kill groups with Neo and neglect. Thank you for providing a service that we can escape to and keep things going.

Ginny

Noel Leaver

I can see that full moderation of photos (and files etc) though desirable is a major enhancement.

However, in its absence I think the current behavior of allowing unrestricted uploads etc by moderated users is wrong, and uploading ought to be disallowed for moderated users.

For example, on a group that is open to join but the first post is moderated, it means anyone can join and upload photos without the moderators being able to do anything except ban the member once they notice. And for lesser "offences" having to ban a member rather than moderate them to prevent uploads is draconian.

Noel

Ginny T.

I agree that some control would be most helpful -
but, I do understand Mark's explanation of it being a difficult thing to do. It's still high on my wishlist...
Ginny