Topics

moderated 2 Factor Authentication Problem

David G8FXM

I recently had to factory reset my phone. Now I find I'm locked out of the group I am admin for as 2 Factor Authentication is enabled on the admin account for this group and the app Google authenticate app on my phone needs to be set up again. I's asking for a barcode or backup code neither of which I seem to have. Password reset doesnt work when 2 fctor authentication is set, so does anyone have any idea as to how I regain access to my group please?

On Fri, Mar 3, 2017 at 1:20 AM, <g8fxm@...> wrote:

I recently had to factory reset my phone. Now I find I'm locked out of the group I am admin for as 2 Factor Authentication is enabled on the admin account for this group and the app Google authenticate app on my phone needs to be set up again. I's asking for a barcode or backup code neither of which I seem to have. Password reset doesnt work when 2 fctor authentication is set, so does anyone have any idea as to how I regain access to my group please?

When you set up 2 factor authentication, we generate a set of 10 one time passwords for you to use in case you lose your authenticator, like in the scenario you described. Did you write down those passwords, as directed? If so, use one as your password and you'll be all set.

If you did not do that, then send an email to support at groups.io, from the email address that is locked out, and we'll figure out some way to authenticate you.

David G8FXM

Hi Mark,
Many thanks for the quick reply. As you've probably guessed I dont have a record of the codes (lost when phone factory reset).

I'll contact support and hopefully the can help me out.

Thanks again.

On Fri, Mar 3, 2017 at 10:14 am, David G8FXM wrote:
lost when phone factory reset

A likely story! ;D