Topics

moderated Calendars

aimee

Hello everyone! I have a few questions/suggestions for the calendar.

1. Is there a way for everyone to see their entire calendar including events in all their sub-groups? It is difficult to keep track when there is more than one sub-group also adding events.

2. When RSVPing, can we have an option to bring a guest(s) to an event?

3. When I create a recurring event and check Send Invite to Group, does it send every single instance of that recurring event? Is there a way to just send an Invite to the Group for just the most current or just that specific instance of the recurring event?

4. Here is something else that I had issues with:

  1. I added a recurring event for the year.
  2. I made changes to some months where I knew we would not be holding that event.
  3. I went in to update the description for the entire event.
  4. When I got done, all the events I deleted were back again and all the location changes I made were gone too.

5. Event Locations: can this be a dropdown so we can select from previous locations or add new locations?

Thanks so much!

Maria

On Thu, Mar 2, 2017 at 06:56 am, aimee wrote:

1. Is there a way for everyone to see their entire calendar including events in all their sub-groups? It is difficult to keep track when there is more than one sub-group also adding events.

Yes there is. If you go to your "Your Groups" page you will see "calendar" on the left navigation bar. That will have all the events from all the groups/subgroups you are subscribed to.

2. When RSVPing, can we have an option to bring a guest(s) to an event?

Good idea, but I'd love controls on this: ie: make allowing guests an option mods/admins can enable or disable, and in addition if enabled, make it an option for events, as not all events can allow guests. I'm not sure what a +1 would look like in terms of the RSVP visual though. I'd think the +1 info would need to be collected in a database that requests name, email and other info of the guest you are bringing and ads a +1 to the member's RSVP box and to the total attendee count.

Maria

aimee

Thanks for your responses Maria.

I am in my Groups page, however, I do belong to several groups. I picked one group where I am also a member of several sub-groups, but the only events I see are the events I added on my main group. My sub-group events do not show up.

Aimee

Duane

The page Maria is referring to is https://groups.io/ where you see an overview of all groups that you belong to (once signed in.) That Calendar shows events for all groups, but I don't know about sub-groups.

Duane

aimee

That’s wonderful! Thank you for explaining it to me.

Aimee

On Mar 2, 2017, at 5:11 PM, Duane <txpigeon@...> wrote:

The page Maria is referring to is https://groups.io/ where you see an overview of all groups that you belong to (once signed in.)  That Calendar shows events for all groups, but I don't know about sub-groups.

Duane

Ricky-KF5WVJ

While we are on the calendar subject..we are in the process of moving from the other place(yahoogroups)and I've been asked by several members if there was a way or could a function be added to calendars like an event tab or button that would parse the calendar and give a list of events for the month in list form?

thanks

ricky

kf5wvj

On Thu, Mar 2, 2017 at 9:22 PM, Ricky-KF5WVJ via Groups.Io <slikriktn1@...> wrote:

While we are on the calendar subject..we are in the process of moving from the other place(yahoogroups)and I've been asked by several members if there was a way or could a function be added to calendars like an event tab or button that would parse the calendar and give a list of events for the month in list form?

The newer versions of the calendar code that we use now has a month list view. I was able to upgrade and add that view pretty quickly.

Cheers,
Mark