Topics

moderated Yahoo Easy Group Transfer

Hi All,

I seem to be locked out at the moment from accepting invitations to Yahoo Groups as part of the easy group transfer process. My speculation is that this is because of one of three things:

- Amazon is having issues with some of their hosting services right now; perhaps that's affecting Yahoo groups invites.
- I have seen a large uptick in invite requests over the past day or so; I may have hit some sort of limit.
- Yahoo may just be broken (I know this one is difficult to believe).

So, if you've sent an invite to transfer (at) groups.io and not received an acknowledgement, it's because of this. I'll post when I can accept invites again.

Haha difficult to believe.;)

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 28, 2017, at 1:24 PM, Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io> wrote:

Hi All,

I seem to be locked out at the moment from accepting invitations to Yahoo Groups as part of the easy group transfer process. My speculation is that this is because of one of three things:

- Amazon is having issues with some of their hosting services right now; perhaps that's affecting Yahoo groups invites.
- I have seen a large uptick in invite requests over the past day or so; I may have hit some sort of limit.
- Yahoo may just be broken (I know this one is difficult to believe).

So, if you've sent an invite to transfer (at) groups.io and not received an acknowledgement, it's because of this. I'll post when I can accept invites again.

Hi All,

Just an update on the easy group transfer issue. It certainly seems like I'm running up against some sort of rate limit for accepting invites for the transfer groups.io account. I seem to be able to accept about 17 invites and then it starts erroring out. I've tried using a VPN to see if it's just tied to my IP address, but it's apparently tied to the account. The limit appears to be in effect for more than 24 hours. I currently have a backlog of 15 invites waiting to be accepted.

I'll be putting a notice on the easy group transfer page explaining that there may be a delay in accepting invites.

Cheers, Mark

Bob Bellizzi

I just can't imagine that Yahoo would screw with it's online systems or change software without giving users 48 hours' warning. <ROTFLOL>

They're probably messing with the DKIM rules

Bob Bellizzi

Mark,

It certainly seems like I'm running up against some sort of rate
limit for accepting invites for the transfer groups.io account.
I've tried using a VPN to see if it's just tied to my IP address, but
it's apparently tied to the account.
Can you side-step it by creating additional accounts (transfer1, transfer2, transfer3, ...)? That may get a little tedious to manage, but I'm sure you'll figure out something.

Shal
https://groups.io/g/Group_Help
https://groups.io/g/GroupManagersForum

On Sat, Mar 4, 2017 at 12:46 pm, Shal Farley wrote:
Can you side-step it by creating additional accounts (transfer1, transfer2, transfer3

LOL spy-vs-spy ;)

Dave Sergeant

Any update to this Mark? We are proposing to transfer our group very
soon, currently aiming at doing it around Easter weekend 14/17 April
when activity is traditionally low. I accept you probably don't work
over Easter.... but when should we aim to set the transfer in progress
to hit somewhere around then?

Thanks for all your work.

Dave

On 3 Mar 2017 at 10:20, Mark Fletcher wrote:

I'll be putting a notice on the easy group transfer page explaining
that there may be a delay in accepting invites.

http://davesergeant.com

Taffman <webmaster@...>

Hi Dave,

The UK Six Metre Group migrated from Yahoo to Groups.io a few weeks ago. Went totally without a hitch, no negative feedback from any of our users. If theres anything I can help you with or answer any questions to ally your fears just let me know.

Dave, G8FXM

Hi Dave,

On Wed, Mar 29, 2017 at 1:03 AM, Dave Sergeant <dave@...> wrote:
Any update to this Mark? We are proposing to transfer our group very
soon, currently aiming at doing it around Easter weekend 14/17 April
when activity is traditionally low. I accept you probably don't work
over Easter.... but when should we aim to set the transfer in progress
to hit somewhere around then?

Transfer times are back to normal (ie. within one business day generally). I will be around Easter weekend, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks,
MarkĀ