moderated Username not set?

webmaster@...

Apologies in advance if this has already been answered. I'm new to Groups.io and have just been trying to update my profile in the groups i belong to. I see that "Username is not set", but I don't see a way to set my username. Am i missing something or is this option disabled?

Frances

Check the wiki in the Group Managers Forum - membership in the group not necessary.

Frances

webmaster@...

Thanks for this but it doesn't answer my question. I have updated my profile, set my password and set 2 factor authentication all good, But the user name field says "Username ot set" with no way to set it. I can set my display name but not my username, is this a bug maybe?

Frances

Mark discussed username and name, etc. in an earlier thread - title "new profile stuff".

https://groups.io/g/beta/topic/new_profile_stuff/2864409

To set your display name, etc. go to your profile in the top right corner on the website for a group you belong to, click on Account, click on Identity on the lefthand menu.

There may be a problem with the match between the new labelling and the error message, but I am fairly sure if you set everything up on that page, you'll be fine.

Frances

Dave, G8FXM <webmaster@...>

Ah found it now, it's set in the 'Account Profile' I was trying to set it in my 'Group Profile'.

Many thanks.