Facebook Page integration

Hi All,

It appears that the Facebook page integration is no longer working. Facebook has turned off the mechanism I was using to fetch updates to pages. They have a new way, but I will need to investigate whether it will work for us.

Göran Nordh

Hi Mark,

Do you know if this works for Facebook groups/pages.

Mvh
Göran Nordh

On Thu, Jan 19, 2017 at 4:02 PM, Göran Nordh <goran@...> wrote:

Do you know if this works for Facebook groups/pages.

Yes, that's Facebook's API. I have not had a chance to investigate what's involved with fixing Page integration or adding Facebook Group integration.

Jeffrey Spranza

Is there any update on Facebook Page Integration?

Kevin Conod <kdconod@...>

Yes I am wondering same.

Drew

Likewise here.

Hi All,

I just got the Facebook Page integration working again. For existing integrations (that haven't been working), in the next few minutes you should see updates again. And you can add new Facebook page integrations as well.

Please let me know if you see any issues.

On Tue, Oct 10, 2017 at 4:44 AM, Drew AF2Z <pubx1@...> wrote:
Likewise here.

Drew

Hi Mark,

Thanks!

Trying to add a FB page I keep getting the error: "does not appear to be a facebook page". I'm guessing this is because the FB page that I want to integrate is a "closed group".

Does my Groups.io group need to "join" the FB page? If so, what email address should I use to sign up my group to FB?

Drew

Kevin Conod <kdconod@...>

Thanks! I will try it out.

LeeAnne

Hi Mark,
Thanks for getting Facebook integration back up. We had a bunch come in from our previously integrated pages.  Not sure if this is your issue or our facebook page's but before photos were massive.  Now they are too small.

--
-LeeAnne

ECIR Archivist

Hi Drew,

On Wed, Oct 11, 2017 at 6:34 PM, Drew AF2Z <pubx1@...> wrote:

Trying to add a FB page I keep getting the error: "does not appear to be a facebook page". I'm guessing  this is because the FB page that I want to integrate is a "closed group".

Yes, that's the issue. We don't currently support closed pages. I think it's technically possible, but would require quite a bit of work for us. A member of the FB page would have to initially go through an oauth authentication process. And that would have to be repeated on a regular basis as the authentication gets expired by Facebook (I think it's every 60 days, according to the docs). So we'd have to set up a notification system around that.

Mark

Hi LeeAnne,

On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 4:40 AM, LeeAnne Bloye <ecir.archives@...> wrote:
Hi Mark,
Thanks for getting Facebook integration back up. We had a bunch come in from our previously integrated pages.  Not sure if this is your issue or our facebook page's but before photos were massive.  Now they are too small.

Off-list can you send me the name of the FB page with the small images?

Drew

Mark-

Thanks. That is a bit of a disappointment. I guess FB doesn't make things easy.

Drew

On 10/12/17 19:33, Mark Fletcher wrote:
Hi Drew,
On Wed, Oct 11, 2017 at 6:34 PM, Drew AF2Z <pubx1@af2z.net <mailto:pubx1@af2z.net>> wrote:
Trying to add a FB page I keep getting the error: "does not appear
to be a facebook page". I'm guessing  this is because the FB page
that I want to integrate is a "closed group".
Yes, that's the issue. We don't currently support closed pages. I think it's technically possible, but would require quite a bit of work for us. A member of the FB page would have to initially go through an oauth authentication process. And that would have to be repeated on a regular basis as the authentication gets expired by Facebook (I think it's every 60 days, according to the docs). So we'd have to set up a notification system around that.
Mark

Jeffrey Spranza

Thanks for updating the Facebook integration to get it working again.

Benoît Dumeaux

Wish list:
  • Possibility to change the topic default title "[Facebook page] shared a link."
  • Possiblity to Full Featured or Digest Plain or Digest Daily Summary for the message of FB integration. Possibility to configure the name form of the digest.

Benoît Dumeaux

On Mon, Jan 8, 2018 at 05:54 am, Benoît Dumeaux wrote:
Possiblity to Full Featured or Digest Plain or Digest Daily Summary for the message of FB integration. Possibility to configure the name form of the digest.
Like to Feedburner digest
Other:

  • Possibilty to add filters. Choose what groups.io uses for filtering (Title, Content, Link). Posted items must contain all the terms or Posted items must contain any of the terms or Ignore items that contain any of the terms. Separate terms using a comma

Benoît Dumeaux

Add filter idea