Topics

locked #bug Large posts in HTML #bug

Technotronic Dimensions
 

Today a member posted a long 35K message via email that was in HTML. It seemed not all of it was processed, as
the email we got from the group led us to believe there was even more to read, because the normal footer appended to all the group messages was not there,
and the [ Group name ] part of the subject line was also not there.

Is this a setting correctable in the group settings ? Some of it seems to me that its inadvertently triggered a bug.

Laurence Marks
 

Techno wrote:
Today a member posted a long 35K message via email that was in HTML. It seemed not all of it was processed, as
the email we got from the group led us to believe there was even more to read, because the normal footer appended to all the group messages was not there,
and the [ Group name ] part of the subject line was also not there.

Is this a setting correctable in the group settings ? Some of it seems to me that its inadvertently triggered a bug.

Have you looked at the raw message in your mailer? All 35K might be there; just some fault in the rendering. Maybe a rendering bug in your mail application or in the way the HTML was formed.



--
Larry Marks

Bob Bellizzi
 

Have you checked the message in the online archive at groups.io to see if it is incomplete?
Most of the time the issue is at the final terminus as someone else said
--

Bob Bellizzi

Technotronic Dimensions
 

Looks identical on the group web view, but for sure the normal footer that includes the "mute topic" and other stuff is not there. Also
the group name enclosed in the brackets IE : [ My Group ] thats usually put in the subject line is not there.

Gerald Boutin
 

On Sun, Nov 3, 2019 at 09:44 PM, Technotronic Dimensions wrote:
Looks identical on the group web view, but for sure the normal footer that includes the "mute topic" and other stuff is not there. Also
the group name enclosed in the brackets IE : [ My Group ] thats usually put in the subject line is not there.
Perhaps this is the case of an an email reply where the person replying edited the reply. 
 
--
Gerald

Bob Bellizzi
 

Since you are viewing the message IN YOUR GROUP, adding (your group) to the subject would be redundant.  It's only on the emailed version to identify the message further at your email client for you.

The Mute topic, footer and other stuff is not a part of the original sender's message either.  they are only added on to the 'repeated' message sent out to the group.

If you look just below the message (on a computer) you will see Reply, Like and More
Additional functions are in the More link ( the number of items in this menu depends on your status as regular subscriber or moderator/owner and how your permissions are set)
Muting is available in the More menu if you have those permissions but it's called Lock Topic
--

Bob Bellizzi

Technotronic Dimensions
 

Its called the Subject Tag in the group settings. Strange that her email post with a new subject to the group didnt get that appended to the subject line. I thought it was something to do
with the fact she made it html and it was quite a large email. I have attached the email as it came to me for your study and feedback, thanks.

Chris Jones
 

On Mon, Nov 4, 2019 at 02:54 AM, Bob Bellizzi wrote:
Muting is available in the More menu if you have those permissions but it's called Lock Topic
Muting is something a Subsciber can do to avoid being distracted by messages that do not interest them. Lock Topic is an Owner / Moderator function that disables the reply option and prevents further posts under that topic heading.

They are not the same.

Chris

 

Speaking of Lock Topic, why does this thread even exist in beta rather than be locked? Beta is turning more and more into GMF each day. I am following fewer and fewer topics here and muting more and more of them. 
--
J

Messages are the sole opinion of the author, especially the fishy ones.
My humanity is bound up in yours, for we can only be human together. - Desmond Tutu
Note on an occupational hazard: I comment frequently in beta based on my desire for the betterment of groups.io as a product. Only a fraction of the time are my comments and suggestions specifically a matter of self-interest. Don't assume the latter when the former may be the case.

 

Right. And because nobody is telling them to do otherwise, instead engaging in the conversation. It's taken over the forum.


On Mon, Nov 4, 2019 at 10:05 AM Duane <txpigeon@...> wrote:
On Mon, Nov 4, 2019 at 11:40 AM, J_Catlady wrote:
why does this thread even exist in beta
Because people can't be bothered to take the time to read the message at the top of the Message/Topics/Expanded page here, nor the information found in the Home page description.

Duane


--
J

Messages are the sole opinion of the author, especially the fishy ones.
My humanity is bound up in yours, for we can only be human together. - Desmond Tutu
Note on an occupational hazard: I comment frequently in beta based on my desire for the betterment of groups.io as a product. Only a fraction of the time are my comments and suggestions specifically a matter of self-interest. Don't assume the latter when the former may be the case.