Topics

moderated Site updates #changelog

Changes to the site this week (includes some changes made over the holidays):

  • BUGFIX: In the My Groups view, when clicking on a group, go to your last message view; same behavior as the sidebar.
  • BUGFIX: Fixed the hashtags view on mobile so that it doesn't require horizontal scrolling.
  • BUGFIX: When adding a Facebook page integration, if the URL was empty, we'd crash.
  • INTERNAL: Some messages, generally bounce messages, have blank lines that contain just whitespace. This trips up our header line unfolding. Researched the problem and added some code to make our Content-Type parsing more robust.
  • INTERNAL: Several changes to the Yahoo scraping code used for group transfers, to work around Yahoo errors.
  • BUGFIX: Jump to a month in the archives was not working correctly.
  • CHANGE: Added rel="nofollow" to all links to viewing messages via hashtags. Reduce search engine crawler load on the system and those pages shouldn't be indexed anyways.
  • BUGFIX: In Messages view, in some cases the message snippet wasn't properly escaped.
  • INTERNAL: Parallelize SendMessage in karld to avoid queue worker starvation when the large queue fills up with slow messages.
  • INTERNAL: Added a database index to speed up activity displays.
  • BUGFIX: Fixed View/Reply Online html footer link.
  • SYSADMIN: Changed security rules that were wrongly firewalling some people after accessing files.
  • CHANGE: Force downloading of Files instead of displaying them in the browser, to fix potential XSS issue.
  • CHANGE: Fabulous footer formatting fixes
  • MISC: Ability to import photos, files, databases, links from Yahoo Groups.
  • INTERNAL: Caching message and thread counts on group records to avoid expensive counting on the database.
  • INTERNAL: Subscription database locking changes.
  • BUGFIX: Profile photos in /thread view could be missing for subgroups.

Have a good weekend everybody.

Mark

Benoît Dumeaux

On Fri, Jan 6, 2017 at 09:38 pm, Mark Fletcher wrote:
MISC: Ability to import photos, files, databases, links from Yahoo Groups.

 News about the group that ask this?

--

Dreadaxe

On Sat, Jan 7, 2017 at 2:00 PM, Benoît Dumeaux <benoit.dumeaux@...> wrote:
On Fri, Jan 6, 2017 at 09:38 pm, Mark Fletcher wrote:
MISC: Ability to import photos, files, databases, links from Yahoo Groups.

 News about the group that ask this?

Several transfers have already been done.

Mark