Topics

moderated Signatures for Web Posting suddenly not working on multiple groups

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

I noticed this tonight on several groups I routinely participate on.  Of course, things seem fine here just to be difficult.

I have gone so far as to delete my existing signature, creating a new one, flip-flopping the "use sig w/e-mail" and "use sig w/web" and back again (saving between the changes), and I still have no signature.

I believe this started sometime today as I believe my older posts still have their signatures that were in place at the time of their original  posting.
--
Brian

I have made mistakes, but have never made the mistake of claiming I never made one.   

~  James G. Bennet

That  happened a long time ago as well. Signatures had disappeared from drafts. It's not happening currently in any of my groups.
--
J

Messages are the sole opinion of the author. Especially the fishy ones.

I wish I could shut up, but I can't, and I won't. - Desmond Tutu

Ah, hah!!   That describes my situation precisely, and it's just happened now on this response.  The compose window opened up with no signature in sight and I've not touched a thing about it since my initial post.

B

My signature is appearing here. Weird.
--
J

So was mine.  I thought I'd reply just to see if it popped back in again, and I checked my subscription page before doing so.  It's still hiding!

B

Ro

Weird is as weird does

RobiWanCatKnobi

with Silk happy with the sig line, and Sally, Handy, Feliz &  Police Kitty patrolling in the Great Beyond and putting graffiti on the pearly gates.

From: beta@groups.io <beta@groups.io> on behalf of J_Catlady <j.olivia.catlady@...>
Sent: Tuesday, January 3, 2017 7:46 PM
To: beta@groups.io
Subject: Re: [beta] Signatures for Web Posting suddenly not working on multiple groups

--
J

Ro

Whew!  all is well in Ro's sig

Ro
"He who focuses on himself has muddy clarity"

with Silk gazing over the fence, and Sally, Handy, Feliz &  Police Kitty patrolling in the Great Beyond.

From: beta@groups.io <beta@groups.io> on behalf of Ro <recarlton@...>
Sent: Tuesday, January 3, 2017 7:51 PM
Subject: Re: [beta] Signatures for Web Posting suddenly not working on multiple groups

Weird is as weird does

RobiWanCatKnobi

with Silk happy with the sig line, and Sally, Handy, Feliz &  Police Kitty patrolling in the Great Beyond and putting graffiti on the pearly gates.

From: beta@groups.io <beta@groups.io> on behalf of J_Catlady <j.olivia.catlady@...>
Sent: Tuesday, January 3, 2017 7:46 PM

--
J

Ro,

The following is a serious question:  where is your "double hyphen" line?

I can't see it even when I select your text.  I am guessing you delete it manually, but I've never had a time where my signature was included that the double hyphen followed by a space is not on the line immediately above it.

Brian, whose sig is still MIA

OMG, right. Where are the HYPHENS?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nb8t3Lt8iJw
--
J

oops, that didn't like like it should have:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nb8t3Lt8iJw

--
J

Ro

I dont think we should be discussing sexual stuff here.  

Ro

with Silk with a double hymen and proud of it, and Sally, Handy, Feliz &  Police Kitty patrolling in the Great Beyond.

From: beta@groups.io <beta@groups.io> on behalf of Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>
Sent: Tuesday, January 3, 2017 8:02 PM

Ro,

I can't see it even when I select your text.  I am guessing you delete it manually, but I've never had a time where my signature was included that the double hyphen followed by a space is not on the line immediately above it.

Bwahahahaha!

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 3, 2017, at 8:56 PM, Ro <recarlton@...> wrote:

I dont think we should be discussing sexual stuff here.  

Ro

with Silk with a double hymen and proud of it, and Sally, Handy, Feliz &  Police Kitty patrolling in the Great Beyond.

From: beta@groups.io <beta@groups.io> on behalf of Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>
Sent: Tuesday, January 3, 2017 8:02 PM

Ro,

--
J

This is no laughing matter any more. My signature is also gone today, on ALL my groups!

J (sig by hand)

And now, it is back. On all my groups.
--
J

On Thu, Jan 5, 2017 at 08:51 am, J_Catlady wrote:

This is no laughing matter any more. My signature is also gone today, on ALL my groups!

Oh, suuuurre, it becomes a crisis when it affects you!!

Brian, who's signatures on all groups, including beta, are still MIA (and who presumes emoticons are unnecessary on the above comment)

I'll show you my hyphens if you show me yours. ;)
--
J

Brian,  who was upset enough before this latest affront to have typed "who's" for "whose"

No one sees my hyphens!!  (at least not at the moment - they'll probably be flashing again soon, I hope)

Brian,

On Tue, Jan 3, 2017 at 6:35 PM, Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:

I noticed this tonight on several groups I routinely participate on.  Of course, things seem fine here just to be difficult.

Strange, as I haven't touched that code in awhile. Is it only happening when you reply to an existing message, or is it also happening when you post a new topic? Also, what browser are you using?

Thanks,
Mark 

Mark,

Just verified on the shalstest and BlindLife groups that my signature will show up on New Topics (which I also noticed yesterday) but does not show up on any Reply, be it group or private.

I am using Windows 10 Home, 64-bit, and the Chrome Browser v 55.0.2883.87 m

This is the primary environment I've been working under since day one of joining a Groups.io group.

If you read through the previous messages you'll see that J_Catlady had a "dance of the disappearing signatures" going on the entire time mine have been gone from reply messages, at the very least.

I have also cleared browser cache prior to doing the tests mentioned above to ensure that cache corruption wasn't at the root of this misbehavior.

Brian, and since this is a reply . . .

Duane

Mark,

I've noticed that on replies, my sig is sometimes delayed several seconds before showing up (as the highlighted quote sometimes is). There have been a few times when it didn't appear at all. If I discard that reply and start another, it may or may not show up. If I do that enough, it seems to eventually show up. Win7/32, Firefox 42.

Duane