Topics

moderated Theft of Yahoo! Group mailing lists ?

YSWT

What is the best way to forward to you directly ?

On Wed, Oct 30, 2019 at 12:33 PM perlloaderplease via Groups.Io <perlloaderplease=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

How can you tell which groups.io group is recognized as having the transfer request.   I just created a transfer request for a 'shadow' group after creating a request for the original group... seems to show the same as the original request....

I checked your account and you have no transfer requests set up. If you see an issue, please forward the details directly to me and I'll investigate.

YSWT

How can you tell which groups.io group is recognized as having the transfer request.   I just created a transfer request for a 'shadow' group after creating a request for the original group... seems to show the same as the original request....

How to tell which groups.io group will get the Yahoo mail list if groups is granted moderator status ??

On Tue, Oct 29, 2019 at 4:19 PM perlloaderplease via Groups.Io <perlloaderplease=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Doesn't your Yahoo Transfer process allow for the theft of private group email lists by someone creating a 'ghost' group and doing a transfer request at the same time that the real group owner is doing a transfer request ?

You can only create one transfer request per Yahoo Group.

Mark

YSWT

Doesn't your Yahoo Transfer process allow for the theft of private group email lists by someone creating a 'ghost' group and doing a transfer request at the same time that the real group owner is doing a transfer request ?

I.E.

My group makes transfer@groups.io a moderator

and someone ELSE sends a transfer request OF OUR GROUP...

won't you be sending our mailing list to their groups.io group....