Topics

moderated Direct Add

G Gunsberger

I am one of many group "owners" who are moving their group from Yahoo Groups to this system.

I thought I could take a bit of the pressure off the transfer process by using the "Direct Add" function. But I couldn't find what the maximum allowable number was. I tried with about 350 addresses but that was too many. Now I have to wait for approvals,  which ties up the current high-demand resources in groups.io. It would have been useful to have been able to find what the maximum with "Direct Add", or to ease the maximum because of the present extreme circumstances.

Is there also a maximum for sending invitations?

M K Ramadoss

Direct add limit is just a pause. Depending on the work load, rest get released within minutes or couple of hours. It is a mechanism to control spam. I have added a list more than 1000 by direct add

On Sun, Oct 27, 2019 at 9:37 AM G Gunsberger via Groups.Io <ggunsberger=yahoo.com.au@groups.io> wrote:
I am one of many group "owners" who are moving their group from Yahoo Groups to this system.

I thought I could take a bit of the pressure off the transfer process by using the "Direct Add" function. But I couldn't find what the maximum allowable number was. I tried with about 350 addresses but that was too many. Now I have to wait for approvals,  which ties up the current high-demand resources in groups.io. It would have been useful to have been able to find what the maximum with "Direct Add", or to ease the maximum because of the present extreme circumstances.

Is there also a maximum for sending invitations?

Duane

On Sun, Oct 27, 2019 at 09:37 AM, G Gunsberger wrote:
I am one of many group "owners" who are moving their group from Yahoo Groups to this system.
Please read the Sticky Wiki at the top of the page, https://beta.groups.io/g/main/topics

Duane

Ann Wild

I suggest sticking with the transfer process. It went through so smoothly for our group, and everything transferred.

Ann