locked Delivery Notification: Delivery has failed

You could just change the pending sub to
as the others would not require a response.

On 26 Feb 2015, at 22:37, Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io> wrote:

On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 12:41 PM, christopher hallsworth <challsworth2@...> wrote:
A list I have just subscribed to had a pending application which I had to fill out. It looks like the owners/moderators did not get my response as per the below message. As you can see, this forward has been edited to not personally identify anybody either by name or email address.

Right now, all member notices, like this one, are sent from ignore@groups.io, which is a blackhole. Should I change that to group+owner@groups.io? We're talking things like the welcome, pending sub, rejected sub, goodbye and banned messages.

That's my thinking. The reply should go to
and not

I would use the owner's address.

Sent: Thursday, February 26, 2015 4:37 PM
Subject: Re: [beta] Fwd: Delivery Notification: Delivery has failed

On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 12:41 PM, christopher hallsworth <challsworth2@...> wrote:
A list I have just subscribed to had a pending application which I had to fill out. It looks like the owners/moderators did not get my response as per the below message. As you can see, this forward has been edited to not personally identify anybody either by name or email address.

Right now, all member notices, like this one, are sent from ignore@groups.io, which is a blackhole. Should I change that to group+owner@groups.io? We're talking things like the welcome, pending sub, rejected sub, goodbye and banned messages.

Try IM ToolPack Send any screenshot to your friends in seconds...
Try IM ToolPack at www.imtoolpack.com for FREE

Steph <hsrsp@...>

I would use the owner's address.

Sent: Thursday, February 26, 2015 4:37 PM

On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 12:41 PM, christopher hallsworth <challsworth2@...> wrote:
A list I have just subscribed to had a pending application which I had to fill out. It looks like the owners/moderators did not get my response as per the below message. As you can see, this forward has been edited to not personally identify anybody either by name or email address.

Right now, all member notices, like this one, are sent from ignore@groups.io, which is a blackhole. Should I change that to group+owner@groups.io? We're talking things like the welcome, pending sub, rejected sub, goodbye and banned messages.

Try IM ToolPack Send any screenshot to your friends in seconds...
Try IM ToolPack at www.imtoolpack.com for FREE

Mark,

Right now, all member notices, like this one, are sent from
ignore@groups.io <mailto:ignore@groups.io>, which is a blackhole.
Should I change that to group+owner@groups.io
Yes please.

We're talking things like the welcome, pending sub, rejected sub,
goodbye and banned messages.
The use case for pending sub, in particular, is most likely to be a questionnaire that the prospective member is to answer and return - exactly what Christopher was trying to do, and which the group owners expected him to do.

I can't think of a use case for any of those messages where rejecting the reply is an advantage.

-- Shal

Duane

I also like it as is. The group owner should specify what email address they want the questionnaire sent to, even if it is group+owner@..., as well as mentioning that Reply won't work. The other choice I can see would be to make the reply address a setting for the group owner to make.

Duane

Linda

Hi Mark,
Please don't change that.
Linda

Sent: Thursday, February 26, 2015 5:37 PM

[...]

Begin forwarded message:

This report relates to a message you sent with the following header fields:

 Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2015 07:25:19 +0000

Subject: Re: Pending Application

Your message cannot be delivered to the following recipients:

 Recipient address: ignore@groups.io
 Reason: SMTP transmission failure has occurred
 Diagnostic code: smtp;500 Error: bad address
 Remote system: dns;web01.groups.io (TCP|17.172.81.3|33101|66.175.222.12|25) (groups.io ESMTP ready)

Reporting-MTA: dns;st11p00mm-asmtp004.mac.com (tcp-daemon)
Arrival-date: Thu, 26 Feb 2015 07:25:20 +0000 (GMT)

Remote-MTA: dns;web01.groups.io (TCP|17.172.81.3|33101|66.175.222.12|25)
(groups.io ESMTP ready)
Diagnostic-code: smtp;500 Error: bad address

Date: 26 February 2015 07:25:19 GMT

On 26/02/2015 07:24, Maheens-Support-Group Group wrote:
Hello, and thank you for your interest in joining Maheen's Support Group.

Before I approve or reject your subscription accordingly, please fill out this short questionnaire so I can identify you. This is for the benefit of this list and its members.

1. What is your name?

2. Where do you come from? I.E. United Kingdom

3. What are your reason(s) for joining.

Thank you very much, this would be really appreciated.

Kindest regards

Group owner