moderated Search Function Error in Messages after Yahoo Transfer

RCardona

After a successful transfer of our Yahoo Group (THANKS MARK!!!), when one attempts a search within the cloned messages, no results get pulled.  Instead it only says "The search produced no results."   Is there a feature needed that integrates transferred messages into the search engine?

R. Cardona

The answer to this is also very very important to me.
Susan B

Gerald Boutin <groupsio@...>

On Sat, Oct 26, 2019 at 02:35 AM, RCardona wrote:
After a successful transfer of our Yahoo Group (THANKS MARK!!!), when one attempts a search within the cloned messages, no results get pulled.  Instead it only says "The search produced no results."   Is there a feature needed that integrates transferred messages into the search engine?

R. Cardona
With all of the new groups being transferred, it may well be that it is going to take some time for the indexing to catch up. Searching has worked with all of the groups that I have had transferred, so hopefully it just a matter of being patient.

--
Gerald

RCardona

On 10/26/19 10:55 AM, Gerald Boutin wrote:
With all of the new groups being transferred, it may well be that it is going to take some time for the indexing to catch up. Searching has worked with all of the groups that I have had transferred, so hopefully it just a matter of being patient.

--
Gerald
_._,_._,_

It is now about 12 hours since completion of the transfer, and as Gerald surmised, indexing is merely lagging.  The main page Message History is beginning to fill in and the search function is now pulling results.   Thanks for the heads up Gerald!!

R. Cardona

On Fri, Oct 25, 2019 at 10:35 PM RCardona <rcardona3451@...> wrote:
After a successful transfer of our Yahoo Group (THANKS MARK!!!), when one attempts a search within the cloned messages, no results get pulled.  Instead it only says "The search produced no results."   Is there a feature needed that integrates transferred messages into the search engine?

The search indexer falls behind during the day as I import groups. I purposely try to not schedule group imports overnight to let it catch up. I've also added additional machines to the search cluster to deal with the influx of data. Anyways, your messages should show up within a day or two.