Topics

moderated Change in group transfer queue sorting algorithm

Hi All,

After some consideration, I've changed how the groups in the transfer queue are being sorted, in an effort to make things more fair.

Previously, transfer requests were sorted by when they were initially created.

Now, transfer requests are sorted by when the go ahead is given to transfer the group.

Figuring things out as I go.....

RCardona

Thank you Mark for being such an attentive and ever evolving mastermind behind the curtain!  I so glad to have found your service and look forward to my new home!  Keep up the great work!!  We appreciate you!

Judy F.

Mark, I'm the one that had asked about the transfer.io issue.  I got the info this morning that the invite had been accepted  and did the selecting of all of the items I needed transferred, but I didn't see a button saying 'go ahead'. I thought I had remembered seeing that before or reading about it.  Again, I'm not rushing you, but want to make sure I didn't goof up again.  Maybe that's been removed?

Thank you,
Judy Faulkner
SW Florida - USA
SewWhatEmbroiderySoftware.io

Duane

On Fri, Oct 25, 2019 at 09:39 AM, Judy F. wrote:
did the selecting of all of the items I needed transferred, but I didn't see a button saying 'go ahead'
Unless it's been changed recently, the button should say "Start Group Transfer Process".  We can handle this type of question on GMF.

On Fri, Oct 25, 2019 at 10:09 AM, Duane wrote:
Unless it's been changed recently, the button should say "Start Group Transfer Process".
Apologies for the bad information.  It does in fact say "Give Go Ahead To Transfer", though there is sometimes a delay before it updates.

Duane

Harm Selling <h.selling@...>

Mark,

Thank you for correcting this problem.

Since the correction the waiting queue is not growing anymore, but shrinking, as it should do.
Slowly, but I understand importing a lot of data takes time.

I'm glad that the problem (being moved backwards in the queue) now appears to be recognized, and the end of waiting is in sight.

I'm happy again!

---

Harm Selling
http://genealogiegroningen.nl
http://genealogiewinschoten.nl

http://genealogiestrating.nl

After some consideration, I've changed how the groups in the transfer queue are being sorted, in an effort to make things more fair.

Previously, transfer requests were sorted by when they were initially created.

Now, transfer requests are sorted by when the go ahead is given to transfer the group.

Figuring things out as I go.....

Janis

The green button only appears after you make groups.io a member of your group.