locked Importing images from Yahoo

I'm sure this has been mentioned somewhere before, but I've just joined groups.io so please forgive me.

I am considering moving a small group (currently 340-ish members, 19,000-odd posts over 18 years) from Yahoo. I know the posts and memberships can be transferred, but are there any tools/facilities/suggestions regarding the transfer of images. There are some files and databases that I will want to transfer too, but theses are relatively few, and I can handle those manually.

I am considering moving a small group (currently 340-ish members, 19,000-odd posts over 18 years) from Yahoo. I know the posts and memberships can be transferred automatically, but are there any tools/facilities/suggestions regarding the transfer of images? There are some files and databases that I will want to transfer too, but theses are relatively few, and I can handle those manually. The photos, however, are a much bigger job.

Thanks in Anticipation

Martyn

Martyn,

On Fri, Jan 8, 2016 at 1:46 PM, Martyn de Young <martyn@...> wrote:

I'm sure this has been mentioned somewhere before, but I've just joined groups.io so please forgive me.

I am considering moving a small group (currently 340-ish members, 19,000-odd posts over 18 years) from Yahoo. I know the posts and memberships can be transferred, but are there any tools/facilities/suggestions regarding the transfer of images. There are some files and databases that I will want to transfer too, but theses are relatively few, and I can handle those manually.

With the easy group transfer, we currently only support transferring posts. There is a (non-free) tool called PG Offline which purports to export photos and other aspects of your group, but it's Windows only so I have not been able to try it. See here: http://www.personalgroupware.com/. If you are able to export your photos, if you can get them to me in a format that I can use, I should be able to import them into your Groups.io group if you'd like.

Cheers,
Mark