Topics

moderated Is this Forum the best place to get updates about the YahooGroups Apocalypse Migration?

Greetings,

I'm brand new here and just paid $110 to try to save my beloved warriorpoest archive on yahoogroups and wondering if this beta-Group forum is the best place to get a sense of the backlog of transfer orders and how long it may take to fill them, how groups.io is handling it all?

Also would like to be updated right away if Verizon is doing anything to interfere with the saving of people's data and how we can generate lots of pressure so they work with Groups.io rather than against them? Historically their interference has been more about maintenance and repair negligence rather than obstruction.

I suspect this event that started a week ago is going to redefine Groups.io in huge ways and there will be a giant revenue boost and upgrades in infrastructure to handle it all and I want to find a way... I mean really, really want to find a way get regular updates with how it's going? Everyday if possible?

Is this Beta Group Forum the best place to get all that info? Or is there a better groups.io for that?

Be well, Deane

Hi Deane,

On Mon, Oct 21, 2019 at 2:15 PM Deane <deanerimerman@...> wrote:

I'm brand new here and just paid $110 to try to save my beloved warriorpoest archive on yahoogroups and wondering if this beta-Group forum is the best place to get a sense of the backlog of transfer orders and how long it may take to fill them, how groups.io is handling it all?

Yes, I think at least for the short-term, this group will mostly be dedicated to group transfer status. In that spirit:

- I just sent a separate email discussing pricing changes.
- We've added several more machines to the site and will be upgrading the main database machine this evening.
- We have processed all invites to Yahoo Groups that were sent up until yesterday morning.
- We have a few hundred groups in the queue divided between waiting for export and waiting for import right now (we export the data for a group and save it locally. As a separate step we then later import that data into Groups.io). I can't give an estimate as to when they will be processed.

Hope this helps.

Ant No

Couldn't you automate that second step to make a single step process which saves you some labour and time? Assuming the servers are in place to carry the load.