Topics

moderated pending members to review

deborah75001

Hello

I just created a new group on io, and I am going to transfer my old Yahoo group onto it.

I have a question: I see a new pending member I do not know.

When Yahoo used to work, pending members would receive an automated email asking them to write a short presentation so I could check whether they correspond to the group's purpose.

How can I set this in io groups ?

with many thanks

Deborah (Paris, France)

Hi,

You should join the GMF group and ask these kinds of “how to” questions there. Beta is for suggesting new features, improvements, etc.

On Oct 21, 2019, at 2:15 AM, deborah75001 via Groups.Io <deborah75001@...> wrote:

Hello

I just created a new group on io, and I am going to transfer my old Yahoo group onto it.

I have a question: I see a new pending member I do not know.

When Yahoo used to work, pending members would receive an automated email asking them to write a short presentation so I could check whether they correspond to the group's purpose.

How can I set this in io groups ?

with many thanks

Deborah (Paris, France)

Chris Jones

On Mon, Oct 21, 2019 at 10:55 AM, J_Catlady wrote:
You should join the GMF group and ask these kinds of “how to” questions there.
Deborah; J_Catlady is right in saying this, but as it's a quick answer I'll give it here; use the Pending Subscription message capability.

Any further queries about it on GMF please. :)

Chris

deborah75001

thank you so much

what is GMF please ?

Deborah from PAris, France

Barry_M

The GMF group is for "Group Manager Forum" and can be found here:

https://groups.io/g/GroupManagersForum/topics

Barry_M