Topics

moderated Would love to have the ability to put albums within albums

Margo Seegrist

I'm a newbie owner of a groups.io site and don't know if this has already been discussed.  I am interested in the ability to have albums inside albums to make it cleaner for the site.  We are just moving over from yahoogroups and have presently 434 albums at that site.  You have to scroll forever to find the correct album whether you set it to date or set it to alphabetical.  I would like to have a clean photos tab that shows 2018 albums and under that specific subjects like Layouts, Mingles, Challenges, etc. and then under that the actual months of albums.  That way we won't have to scroll or go page by page through so many albums to find what we want since the title may not be what is on the photo.

Naturally I won't be copying all 434 albums over to groups.io but from this point forward we'll be creating future albums (13 each month) which will clog things up quickly unless we have the capability of having albums within albums.  (I have that on my computer now) - albums within albums.

Is there any way you can do this feature?

Bruce Bowman

On Wed, Oct 16, 2019 at 08:03 PM, Margo Seegrist wrote:
I am interested in the ability to have albums inside albums to make it cleaner for the site.
Margo -- I totally agree that this would be a handy feature.

Just FYI, if you check the box for "allow photos in files" you can have nested photo albums in the files section. Unfortunately this does not display the photos as thumbnails/slideshows or provide any of the other features of a photo album...just basic storage.

Regards,
Bruce

JenniferEverSews

On Wed, Oct 16, 2019 at 08:03 PM, Margo Seegrist wrote:
the ability to have albums inside albums
Yes, I agree.  Albums inside of albums - as we have with folders inside folders- would be a welcome addition for my groups.  Thank you Margo for your message.
Jennifer

Margo Seegrist

Thanks for the info, Bruce but we will need to see the photos when we go to the albums.  I know over in yahoogroups under attachments it was listed the way you described for the photos as files.  Not the nested part but just showing the name of the photo.

Sincerely,

Margo

In a message dated 10/16/2019 5:34:28 PM Pacific Standard Time, bruce.bowman@... writes:

On Wed, Oct 16, 2019 at 08:03 PM, Margo Seegrist wrote:
I am interested in the ability to have albums inside albums to make it cleaner for the site.
Margo -- I totally agree that this would be a handy feature.

Just FYI, if you check the box for "allow photos in files" you can have nested photo albums in the files section. Unfortunately this does not display the photos as thumbnails/slideshows or provide any of the other features of a photo album...just basic storage.

Regards,
Bruce

Ginny T.

I would like to see this, too