moderated option to auto-reset inactive members to NuM after specified time interval #suggestion

It would be convenient to have an option to automatically reset members to NuM if they haven't posted for a specified period of time.

Sarah k Alawami

I like the idea, but use case please? And would that not be confusing to someone who was inactive because they were in hospital etc and forgot to go no mail?

and for hosting options go here
to subscribe to the feed click here

On Sun, Oct 13, 2019 at 12:01 PM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:
would that not be confusing to someone who was inactive because they were in hospital etc and forgot to go no mail?
This has nothing to do with receiving or not receiving mail, it would be a group option so you wouldn't have to use it if you think it would be confusing, and the use case for my group is members who haven't posted in a year or more and I want to resurrect temporary moderation for them.

Sarah k Alawami

Ah. So a back end thing not a front end event; so the member will not know they have ben set to new for mod purposes?

On Sun, Oct 13, 2019 at 12:09 PM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:
So a back end thing not a front end event; so the member will not know they have ben set to new for mod purposes?
I don't know what you mean by "back end" or "front end." And members always know their posting status in a group, so no, they would know that they've been reset because they would be able to see NuM for that group on their groups list. I think there is some miscommunication here?

On Sun, Oct 13, 2019 at 11:58 AM, J_Catlady wrote:
It would be convenient to have an option to automatically reset members to NuM
An one-click or auto reset would be nice, but in the meanwhile, what I do when I feel that someone may take awhile to follow the rules:

Go to their record, change them to M, and save.

A few steps, but doesn't take long and it's not done much.

Duane

On Sun, Oct 13, 2019 at 01:21 PM, Duane wrote:
what I do when I feel that someone may take awhile to follow the rules:

Go to their record, change them to M, and save.
But you're describing a solution to a different problem. The situation I'm trying to solve is when someone who hasn't posted for years (or whatever) suddenly pops up out of the woodwork and starts posting again. I'd prefer such people to be treated as temporarily on mod again. It has to be done automatically for it to solve this issue.

That said, a one-click reset (by hand) such as your workaround solves would be nice for the other situation.

Gerald Boutin <groupsio@...>

On Sun, Oct 13, 2019 at 05:36 PM, J_Catlady wrote:
That said, a one-click reset (by hand) such as your workaround solves would be nice for the other situation.

Maybe we should be asking Mark for a scripting capability. Or does that already exist in the premier levels?

--
Gerald

ro-esp

On Sun, Oct 13, 2019 at 06:58 PM, J_Catlady wrote:

It would be convenient to have an option to automatically reset members to NuM
if they haven't posted for a specified period of time.
NuM= new members moderated??

If so, I don't see the point. What matters is that they don't abuse the list/group, not how often they send a message.

groetjes, Ronaldo

Remember when Mark said not to debate the value of suggested features (especially if optional and they don’t affect you if you don’t use them)? Well, that applies to this. 😊

On Oct 13, 2019, at 11:45 PM, ro-esp <ro-esp@dds.nl> wrote:

On Sun, Oct 13, 2019 at 06:58 PM, J_Catlady wrote:

It would be convenient to have an option to automatically reset members to NuM
if they haven't posted for a specified period of time.
NuM= new members moderated??

If so, I don't see the point. What matters is that they don't abuse the list/group, not how often they send a message.

groetjes, Ronaldo

J, what is NuM?

Victoria

On Mon, Oct 14, 2019 at 08:51 AM, Victoria wrote:
what is NuM?
Best to ask these questions in GMF. I'll get back to you in a PM.

Michael Pavan

On Oct 13, 2019, at 3:12 PM, J_Catlady <j.olivia.catlady@gmail.com> wrote:
And members always know their posting status in a group,
Not true.
so no, they would know that they've been reset because they would be able to see NuM for that group on their groups list.
Only if they go to the website and check.
I think there is some miscommunication here?
Yes.

On Fri, Oct 18, 2019 at 12:01 PM, Michael Pavan wrote:
Only if they go to the website and check.
Of course. That's the only way they can ever know their status, and basically everything else about their subscription/membership. Not sure what your point is.

Michael Pavan

On Oct 18, 2019, at 3:05 PM, J_Catlady <j.olivia.catlady@gmail.com> wrote:

On Fri, Oct 18, 2019 at 12:01 PM, Michael Pavan wrote:
Only if they go to the website and check.
Of course. That's the only way they can ever know their status, and basically everything else about their subscription/membership. Not sure what your point is.
Just accuracy