Topics

Proposal for Database Changes

Bob Bellizzi

I started this list a couple of months ago and since then I've added/deleted ideas.
I've tried to keep the list as short as I could to provide functions that would enhance Database operation and use.

Suggestions for Databases Function:

1.       Setup Option in premium to initially open in List or Map mode.

2.       Setup Option in premium to allow owners/moderators, based on `1 above, to force DB to stay in List or Map mode permanently or be switchable between.

3.       Setup option to hide Index/Record number

4.       In Premium/Enterprise groups, when searching, retain the current (List or Map) mode.

5.       Provide Reset/Resequence Index command

a.       with a “Set Index Increment” function  to allow spacing/insertion between records.

b.      Or with a preset “Increment of 10 to allow spacing/insertion.

6.       Provide “Insert Record Before/After Record #” function when Index Increment >1

7.       Retain column headings when scrolling.  Currently they disappear.

8.       Always go to List mode when importing tables or rows; then, when complete, return to default mode from setup.
--

Bob Bellizzi

Pamela Tatt

And ... please please please can we have a PRINT function :)

Pamela who spends hours every month exporting databases, editing the csv spreadsheet and then printing our databases!

JenniferEverSews

yes, what Pamela said ... would be a very welcome change.
thank you,
Jennifer
========