Topics

moderated Notifications settings page first pass

Hi All,

Please check out https://groups.io/account?page=notifications, it's a first pass at a notifications preference page.

Notes:

  • The message notification preference is now just a checkbox.
  • You can set the frequency as to how often you receive email notifications.
  • You (will be able to) customize notifications on a per-group basis.
  • These are not a canonical list of notifications, just some of them.
  • The page doesn't actually do anything yet; no changes are saved and it is not linked to from anywhere except this message right now.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks, Mark

Here are my suggestions, just at first glance:

1. I would remove the word "Overall" from the page title, because within that page, you can pick "overall" as one of the choices. I think just "Notification Preferences" is better.

2. I think having "Group Moderation" appear on the main page is weird. I think it should only appear once someone checks the box for a group they're moderating. Some people, of course, may not be moderating any groups. (I'm assuming that currently, it appears on the main page if the person is moderating at least one group?)

On Sat, Sep 14, 2019 at 06:21 AM, Mark Fletcher wrote:

You can set the frequency as to how often you receive email notifications.
I'd like a way to set this frequency to "Daily Digest" for all ordinary members of a group I own, and to set the same default for future members.

Steph Mathews

Mark, if you want to keep set overall notification I would reword it to set all notifications.  Other than that, all looks good.  Steph

On Sat, Sep 14, 2019 at 06:51 AM, Steph Mathews wrote:
I would reword it to set all notifications
That works too.

Mark,

Copy/paste-o: text for Deleted Photos is
"How to be notified of new photos."

* You (will be able to) customize notifications on a per-group basis.
Is that to include the Frequency setting? I ask because it is in a separate section from the selector. I'd want it to.

Please let me know your thoughts.
Is there planned to be a listing where you can get a global view of your settings, without having to switch the selector to view each group individually?

I could see this as a "Your Groups"-like list of groups but with columns for the settings. Perhaps that would need some column-wise expanders matching the the groupings on this page.

Shal