locked Site updates #changelog

Changes to the site today:

  • Fixed a bug that in rare situations when a message is sent twice to a group could lead to an erroneous thread being displayed in the archives.
  • Fixed a crash when trying to resume a subscription that you've already resumed.
  • The Yahoo Groups transfer system now handles the case where a member has an undisclosed email address (they're ignored).
  • Moderators can now edit the name of a subscriber.
  • We're now stripping the footers of messages requiring approval (aka pending messages).

Mark

ro-esp

On Thu, Feb 12, 2015 at 07:51 pm, Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io> wrote:

Changes to the site today:
- The Yahoo Groups transfer system now handles the case where a member has an undisclosed email address (they're ignored).
Does that mean they won't get added to the iogroup?

- We're now stripping the footers of messages requiring approval (aka pending messages).
Stripping anything after the "two hyphens and a space"? Is this standard or optional? Can we do it to nonmoderated members too?

groetjes, Ronaldo

On Fri, Feb 13, 2015 at 7:04 AM, ro-esp <ro-esp@...> wrote:

> - The Yahoo Groups transfer system now handles the case where a member has an undisclosed email address (they're ignored).

Does that mean they won't get added to the iogroup?

Correct. We can't get their email address, so there's nothing we can do.

> - We're now stripping the footers of messages requiring approval (aka pending messages).

Stripping anything after the "two hyphens and a space"? Is this standard or optional? Can we do it to nonmoderated members too?

No, stripping the footers that we add (starting with the 'Groups.io Links'). It's always been the case that we strip those footers before messages are sent to the group. But now we're also stripping them before any messages get added to the pending message queue..

Mark