locked Site updates #changelog

Changes to the site today:

  • Behind the scene improvements to the Yahoo Easy Group transfer process
  • Found and fixed a race condition in the email sending code that may have led to duplicate emails.
  • Fixed a bug with parsing poorly formed Reference: email headers.
  • Launched one click unsubscribe.

One click unsubscribe

Unsubscribe links in footers will now instantly unsubscribe you. At the same time, you'll get an email with a resume subscription link that's valid for 3 days. The resume link will not work if you've been banned or have subscribed again some other way. And we look for these unsubscribe links in emails and scrub them to prevent shenanigans.

Mark

Mark,

Unsubscribe links in footers will now instantly unsubscribe you.
So, if I click on it from an unrecognized computer will the page say "Nothing happens."?

;-)

-- Shal

Mark,

Unsubscribe links in footers will now instantly unsubscribe you.
And thankfully the link works only once. The link coding changed after I undid an authorized "unauthorized" unsubscribe. I sent the link to a friend, who used it successfully once, but the old one failed after I resumed my subscription. I haven't sent him the new one... ;-)

The danger I was concerned with is that once I make the mistake of letting an unsubscribe link for me get into the hands of a malcontent whether I would have any way to prevent them from doing it to me again later. That concern is now put to bed. Thanks!

-- Shal

On Thu, Feb 12, 2015 at 10:52 PM, Shal Farley <shal@...> wrote:

> Unsubscribe links in footers will now instantly unsubscribe you.

So, if I click on it from an unrecognized computer will the page say "Nothing happens."?

I'm so glad someone got that. :)

MarkĀ

Mark,

I'm so glad someone got that. :)
I have a PDP-11, and I'm not afraid to use it.

-- Shal
Not that I have any idea what to use it for nowadays...