Topics

moderated fix misleading language in confirmation email

The confirmation email now reads

"Thank you for your interest in Groups.io and the group [xyz group]. To complete your subscription, please reply to this email."

This is misleading when the group is restricted. It sounds like replying to the confirmation email "completes" their subscription. I suggest changing this to "To confirm your interest in joining, please reply to this email" or something along those lines.

For years I've been unaware of this language, and I just discovered after running an unrelated test. It might even account for the frequent failures by pending members to return required questionnaires.