moderated Site updates #changelog

Glenn Glazer

On 9/3/2019 08:56, Mark Fletcher wrote:
On Sat, Aug 31, 2019 at 8:16 AM Glenn Glazer <glenn.glazer@...> wrote:

I'm curious, Mark. Does the API have many programmatic clients outside of the groups.io infrastructure itself?

Are you asking about programming libraries to interface with the API, or about people using the API? In terms of libraries, I list one in the API docs, but I don't know the status of it. The API is just json objects, so it's (supposed to be) straightforward to use.

In terms of people/companies, there are a couple that I know about. An analytics firm does some sort of message analysis on behalf of one of our enterprise customers using the API. Another has built/is building a dashboard on top of the API. I think there may be a couple more, but because I don't require any sort of specific registration to use the API, I don't really track it.

Mark

That answers the question sufficiently, thanks. I can totally see designing the API for internal purposes but was curious as to what external applications there might be.

Thanks,

Glenn

--
We must work to make the Democratic Party the Marketplace of Ideas not the Marketplace of Favors.

[...]

On 8/30/2019 21:13, Mark Fletcher wrote:

Changes to the site this week:

  • CHANGE: The email bounce returned when sending a message to a group you're not subscribed to had a link to the /join page, which if you are logged in, would bounce you to another page. Removed the /join part of the URL.
  • INTERNAL: Updated Facebook API integration to use their latest version.
  • API: Added googleloginstart and googleloginfinal endpoints.
  • API: Added facebookloginstart and facebookloginfinal endpoints.
  • NEW: Enterprise groups now support single sign-on (currently only by Auth0, others by request).
  • API: New logout endpoint.
  • API BREAKING CHANGE: All POST endpoints now require a csrf field. The new csrf_token in the login object should be used for this.
  • API BREAKING CHANGE: API endpoints have been moved to https://groups.io/api/v1. The old endpoints will remain up for a month.
  • API BREAKING CHANGE: The API is moving from Basic Authentication to a cookie based authentication. The existing Basic Auth tokens will continue to work until they expire.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Mark

I'm curious, Mark. Does the API have many programmatic clients outside of the groups.io infrastructure itself?

Best,

Glenn