Topics

moderated Moderator notices #suggestion

Chris Jones

On Wed, Aug 28, 2019 at 07:25 AM, Shal Farley wrote:
If you are a mod or owner the From address is a drop-list: select the group's +owner address.
This may not provide the required functionality; see my #16576 of April 2018. If the requirement is for any given message (or reply for that matter) to be unambiguously from a Group Owner or Moderator then using the existing drop down is not wholly effective; the message still has the originator's personal Display Name included. I just wish my original request had achieved greater traction.

Chris

Glenn,

Need a way to send the group announcements from the owner, moderator
of a group.
Click New Topic. If you are a mod or owner the From address is a drop-list: select the group's +owner address.

Shal
https://groups.io/g/GroupManagersForum

I agree. I've hacked this by creating an account called [MyGroupName]Moderators and making it an owner. But it's a PITA.

Glenn Hobbs, Catnap, 3400 PCI00395L393

Need a way to send the group announcements from the owner, moderator of a group.