Topics

option to send calendar event reminder or resend #calendar #request

I can't seem to find an ability to resent the invite to a calendar event, or (equivalently) to send a "reminder" notice. This would be very helpful to have, since some people use only email and may have misplaced their invitation email, or may have forgotten to RSVP after the first notice, etc.

It would be especially helpful to be able to send a reminder or "re-invite" to selected recipients, e.g., people who mentioned in some other context that they're going or are interested (specifically in this case, a chat before the event was finalized) but have not RSVP'd. Sending the re-invite or reminder selectively would prevent it going out to the whole group again, in cases where you don't want it to.

...or in one case, a person who wants to RSVP, uses only email, and can't find her original calendar invite email. There's no way of resending the email to her so she can RSVP that way.

On Fri, Aug 23, 2019 at 8:41 AM J_Catlady via Groups.Io <j.olivia.catlady=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
It would be especially helpful to be able to send a reminder or "re-invite" to selected recipients, e.g., people who mentioned in some other context that they're going or are interested (specifically in this case, a chat before the event was finalized) but have not RSVP'd. Sending the re-invite or reminder selectively would prevent it going out to the whole group again, in cases where you don't want it to.

+1 to this.  It would be super helpful to manually trigger invites, whether to someone who lost the invite or who joins the group after the event was scheduled.

It would also be very helpful if there was an option for new subscribers to automatically receive invitations for existing calendar events, and for unsubscribers to receive cancellations.  You can fake this today by scheduling reminder emails prior to the event, but it would be helpful to have it happen automatically (particularly for recurring events).

Best,
Brian

On Fri, Aug 23, 2019 at 11:45 AM J_Catlady <j.olivia.catlady@...> wrote:
...or in one case, a person who wants to RSVP, uses only email, and can't find her original calendar invite email. There's no way of resending the email to her so she can RSVP that way.

On Fri, Aug 23, 2019 at 8:41 AM J_Catlady via Groups.Io <j.olivia.catlady=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
It would be especially helpful to be able to send a reminder or "re-invite" to selected recipients, e.g., people who mentioned in some other context that they're going or are interested (specifically in this case, a chat before the event was finalized) but have not RSVP'd. Sending the re-invite or reminder selectively would prevent it going out to the whole group again, in cases where you don't want it to.

Brian Warner
The Linux Foundation
+1 724 301-6171

And +1 to all of these suggested enhancements as well.

On Aug 23, 2019, at 8:48 AM, Brian Warner <bwarner@...> wrote:

[...]

It would also be very useful to be able to send a message directly, and only, to the members who have RSVP'd to the event. There is currently no easy way to do this (only their names are included in the view of who replied), and posting an update to the event would go to the entire group.

But the bare minimum would be a simple reminder feature.

On Fri, Aug 23, 2019 at 11:17 AM, J_Catlady wrote:
also be very useful to be able to send a message directly, and only, to the members who have RSVP
Never mind, I just found "email yeses" and "email all responders." Exactly what I was looking for. :) It's under "View responses." (I would take it out from under there.)

On Fri, Aug 23, 2019 at 11:17 AM, J_Catlady wrote:
the bare minimum would be a simple reminder feature.
It seems Mark's plan to make me question my reality is in full gear. Just found the "Add reminder" feature. :)