Topics

moderated calendar event notice fails to include organizer name - pls include name #request

I created my group's first calendar event today and was chagrined to discover that although the event creation page asks for the event organizer's name and email address, only the email address appears in the emailed notice. (The name does appear in the event page on the calendar.) Could this please be added?

Gerald Boutin

--
Not sure what you are using to see the invite, but in GMAIL & Hotmail client, I see the expected info in the invite. I've cut and pasted a sample from my test.

When:
Thursday, 22 August 2019
7:00pm to 8:00pm
(UTC-03:00) America/Halifax

Where:
Here

Organizer: Mumbo Jumbo xxxxx@... 9025551212

Gerald

Gerald Boutin

Ignore my comments. I see you are referring to the moderator notice. Yes, that is very sparse to say the least.
--
Gerald

What moderator notice? I’m referring to the event (calendar)notice. For some reason, unlike yours, mine just says “Organizer [email address]” without the name.

On Thu, Aug 22, 2019 at 3:33 PM J_Catlady <j.olivia.catlady@...> wrote:
What moderator notice? I’m referring to the event (calendar)notice. For some reason, unlike yours, mine just says “Organizer [email address]” without the name.

I fixed it a couple hours ago, but didn't have a chance to post about it until now. All part of my plan to make J question her reality. :-)

Mark

On Thu, Aug 22, 2019 at 04:06 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
All part of my plan to make J question her reality. :-)
Haha! I'm gaslighted to the max.:-)

Now I want to know what “moderator notification” Gerald is referring to. Was that added just now as well???

On Thu, Aug 22, 2019 at 09:17 PM, J_Catlady wrote:
Now I want to know what “moderator notification” Gerald is referring to. Was that added just now as well???

Sorry, I wasn't clear enough.

There are two different types of emails that are associated to an event with RSVPs. The paste I showed previously was from one of the RSVP invites. There were other emails as well that are "sent to attendees". AKA those who RSVP'd. It is addressed from "Moderators...." hence my "Moderator" reference. Actually it only includes the note that I setup in the box for "notes to attendees".

Hopefully, this clarifies things a bit. My first time playing with calendar events. I am easily confused!
.
--
Gerald