Topics

moderated How to resubscribe someone who was unsubscribed for "marking spam"

Bob Bellizzi

Is it possible to somehow move a subscriber from the Past Members' List back to the current Members' List
or must I direct subscribe them again?

As is often the case, they ignore or "don't see" the spam warning and the 3 day grace window for resubmission expires.

If I must resubscribe them, will there be a conflict because they are already in the Past list?

What blows my mind is that typically, the people who have this happen usually don't even notice what happened even though they have been getting digests daily and now aren't.  Maybe they're the legendary Sleeping Beauties but they're really a PIA

--

Bob Bellizzi

Bob Bellizzi

Answering my own question;
I decided to try a Direct Subscribe and that moved her from Past to current membership.gr
Her activity history retains her unsubscription for spam in May and her Direct subscribe today.
Since she was a lurker she never had any postings so we don't know if her posting history would have been retained.
--

Bob Bellizzi