moderated Has there been a change to the wiki "ToC" action?

KWKloeber

Chris

one of the key  reasons for pushing for a wiki is so our mbrs could put effort into posting answers/tips/fixes/experience re: “the same recurring issues” and not have to re-spin the wheel every time the question gets asked.  Easier to just post a link, right?
But they don’t get it. Apparently have too much time on their hands (retired?) and prefer to wordsmith over and over and over again.

KWKloeber

The “ordering”?
non comprendo.

There is no ordering. LOL
thats an oxymoron for sure.

But it I suppose each grp might have different preferences?
hey what a great idea, group setting.

KWKloeber

The “ordering”?
non comprendo.

I think that’s not the case in some groups. But either way, the ordering seems random. Maybe it should be re-evaluated.

On Jul 25, 2019, at 12:06 AM, Chris Jones via Groups.Io <chrisjones12@...> wrote:

On Thu, Jul 25, 2019 at 05:20 AM, J_Catlady wrote:
On Wed, Jul 24, 2019 at 08:40 PM, Ken Kloeber wrote:
It's difficult enough to get  members to click on/use the wiki,
That's a great point. Why is that?
I suspect that anything that requires Subscribers to log in finishes up in the "not used much" category; most Subs seem to want to operate by email only. Such polling evidence that I have suggests that most Subs just don't use the web UI much, if at all.

Unfortunately...

Chris

Chris Jones

On Thu, Jul 25, 2019 at 05:20 AM, J_Catlady wrote:
On Wed, Jul 24, 2019 at 08:40 PM, Ken Kloeber wrote:
It's difficult enough to get  members to click on/use the wiki,
That's a great point. Why is that?
I suspect that anything that requires Subscribers to log in finishes up in the "not used much" category; most Subs seem to want to operate by email only. Such polling evidence that I have suggests that most Subs just don't use the web UI much, if at all.

Unfortunately...

Chris

On Wed, Jul 24, 2019 at 08:40 PM, Ken Kloeber wrote:
It's difficult enough to get  members to click on/use the wiki,
That's a great point. Why is that? Could it be because the wiki is at the bottom? The items aren't alphabetical. In fact, I can't figure out what the order is based on, but at least in the case of my group, it's not based on the usage - in fact, nearly the opposite. Here's the current order:

Guidelines

Subscription

Messages

Hashtags

New Topic

New Poll

Chats

Directory

Calendar

Photos

Files

Databases

Wiki

What is this order based on, if anything? If I had to create an order based on usage in my group (or desired usage), I would put Hashtags, New Polls, Chats, and Directory at the very bottom. We also don't use the calendar, but I'm guessing the majority of groups probably do, so I won't argue that it, for example, should be near the bottom. But I think for most groups, having Files, Photos, and Wiki closer to the top would be more useful.

KWKloeber

Mark

Yep, really fixed.  THANK YOU!  (It's difficult enough to get  members to click on/use the wiki, so can't make it any more difficult for them...)

On Tue, Jul 23, 2019 at 6:42 PM Ken Kloeber via Groups.Io <KWKloeber=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

no change in the ToC action.  For instance click the ToC tags here

https://groups.io/g/Catalina30/wiki/Removing-the-Rube-Goldberg-valve-on-a-mk-I

Ok, should really be fixed now.

Notice also that several images are now vaporized.  Any idea what’s up w/ that?

Not off hand. If you send a link to a wiki page to support, I can take a look.

KWKloeber

***I for one cannot correlate your query with the wiki on this group.***

no wonder, because there’s no ToC on this group’s wiki.

KWKloeber

Mark

no change in the ToC action.  For instance click the ToC tags here

https://groups.io/g/Catalina30/wiki/Removing-the-Rube-Goldberg-valve-on-a-mk-I

Notice also that several images are now vaporized.  Any idea what’s up w/ that?

thx
ken

On Tue, Jul 23, 2019 at 12:26 PM Ken Kloeber via Groups.Io <KWKloeber=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
I noticed today that the table of contents tags on the wiki page no longer jump down the associated header line on page.
The ToC links now open a NEW PAGE (at the associated header location.)

This was an unintended side effect of another change. It should be fixed now.

Chris Jones

On Tue, Jul 23, 2019 at 08:26 PM, Ken Kloeber wrote:
I noticed today that the table of contents tags on the wiki page...

The wiki page of which group, exactly? I for one cannot correlate your query with the wiki on this group.

Chris

KWKloeber

I noticed today that the table of contents tags on the wiki page no longer jump down the associated header line on page.
The ToC links now open a NEW PAGE (at the associated header location.)

Has anyone else noticed this?
Mark, was there a change to how the ToC operates (or am I nuts?)?  If so (a change, not my being nuts) I ask that it be changed back so the action slides down the page to the header location.