Topics

moderated Do we get a copy of DMCA takedowns?

On Mon, Jul 22, 2019 at 8:18 AM Samuel Murray <samuelmurray@...> wrote:

If Groups.io gets a DMCA takedown notice, do the moderators of the
infracting group get sent a copy of it?

Yes, I send the DMCA notice to the owner of the group. Right now, it's ad hoc, meaning I do it by hand. In general I just send a warning, but I am about to disable a group because they've gotten over 10 DMCA notices over a period of a month, and did not change their behavior. The vast majority of DMCA notices we receive are against PSP/Tube sharing groups. Actually we've only ever received one DMCA notice for a group that was not of that type.

MarkĀ

Samuel Murrayy

Hello

If Groups.io gets a DMCA takedown notice, do the moderators of the infracting group get sent a copy of it?

Samuel