Topics

moderated Messages without subject lines

debbie

I moved my yahoogroups to groups.io a year and a half ago. It was the best decision for groups ever. They are groups of over 3,000 for our local neighborhood and beyond and I've had people see me in the street or in local businesses thanking me for making the change.

Anyway, to get to the point. I wrote the following about a year ago and would like to bring it up again:

>When we transferred to groups.io, I thought it was the greatest thing when I realized that the system rejects messages without subject lines. In Yahoogroups, I was always rejecting those messages. Otherwise, how would people learn. It was easier to reject than to edit it myself.

>I find that a lot of the messages sent to the owner address here don't have subject lines. Would it be possible to apply that same wonderful feature to the owner address?

Have a good weekend,

Debbie

Duane

On Fri, Jul 19, 2019 at 01:44 AM, debbie wrote:
I find that a lot of the messages sent to the owner address here don't have subject lines. Would it be possible to apply that same wonderful feature to the owner address?
If implemented, I'd want it to be optional.  Members looking to join my groups are often not too computer savvy and forget to include a subject.  On the other hand, spammers never forget to include one. ;>)

Duane

I wish messages sent to the group without subject lines did get rejected, but they don't. If they contain hashtags, the hashtags are duplicated as a pointless subject line. Drives me mad.

Helen