moderated restrict #chat hashtag to actual chats #suggestion


 

In one of the groups I'm in, people are adding the #chat hashtag to their threads, evidently thinking it means something. There are not even any chats in that group. Could the #chat hashtag be restricted by the system to actual chats, to which it is automatically added anyway? In other words, not let users add the tag to anything they want?
--
J

Messages are the sole opinion of the author, especially the fishy ones.
My humanity is bound up in yours, for we can only be human together. - Desmond Tutu


 

p.s. This is a meta-use of the tag. It is in my message title only as part of the text of the title, but it is used as a hashtag on the thread. That was unintentional. 
--
J

Messages are the sole opinion of the author, especially the fishy ones.
My humanity is bound up in yours, for we can only be human together. - Desmond Tutu


Duane
 

On Mon, Jul 8, 2019 at 12:26 PM, J_Catlady wrote:
There are not even any chats in that group. Could the #chat hashtag be restricted by the system to actual chats, to which it is automatically added anyway?
If you're not going to use chats or have them set so only moderators can create them, just change the hashtag parameters to use by moderators only.

Duane


 

On Mon, Jul 8, 2019 at 12:55 PM, Duane wrote:
If you're not going to use chats or have them set so only moderators can create them, just change the hashtag parameters to use by moderators only
As I said, this is not my group I'm talking about. It's a group where the members are happily using the #chat hashtag, unaware that it accomplishes nothing, and unaware that it mistakenly labels their threads as chats when they're not.
 
--
J

Messages are the sole opinion of the author, especially the fishy ones.
My humanity is bound up in yours, for we can only be human together. - Desmond Tutu


Duane
 

On Mon, Jul 8, 2019 at 02:57 PM, J_Catlady wrote:
As I said, this is not my group I'm talking about.
If the group owner doesn't want to change it and hasn't complained about people using it, it wouldn't concern me.

Duane


 

I think it concerns the product. Just a suggestion .


On Jul 8, 2019, at 1:02 PM, Duane <txpigeon@...> wrote:

On Mon, Jul 8, 2019 at 02:57 PM, J_Catlady wrote:
As I said, this is not my group I'm talking about.
If the group owner doesn't want to change it and hasn't complained about people using it, it wouldn't concern me.

Duane

--
J

Messages are the sole opinion of the author, especially the fishy ones.
My humanity is bound up in yours, for we can only be human together. - Desmond Tutu