moderated Fuzzy photos

Annick Phillips

Some of the members of two of my groups are reporting that when they receive a message from the group with a photo attached, the photo is fuzzy. For others of us the photo is coming through just fine. Anyone else experiencing this?
Annick

Gerald Boutin <groupsio@...>

On Sun, Jul 7, 2019 at 09:34 PM, Annick Phillips wrote:
Some of the members of two of my groups are reporting that when they receive a message from the group with a photo attached, the photo is fuzzy. For others of us the photo is coming through just fine. Anyone else experiencing this?
Annick
Annick,

There is a setting for that. Each group can have a different setting for the resolution of emailed pictures.

Admin > Settings > Max Size In Email              No resizing               Resized to a max of 140x140               Resized to a max of 312x312               Resized to a max of 488x488               Resized to a max of 1024x1024               Resized to a max of 2048x2048               Resized to a max of 4096x4096

Automatically resize photos that are larger than a specific size in emails.

--
Gerald

… when they receive a message from the group with a photo attached, the photo is fuzzy.
There is a setting for that. Each group can have a different setting for the resolution of emailed pictures.

Dano

Annick Phillips

Gerald, I do have my group settings set to resize photo attachments to 488x488. It's strange that the attached photos are only showing up fuzzy for some members and not others.
Annick

Gerald Boutin <groupsio@...>

On Mon, Jul 8, 2019 at 09:13 PM, Annick Phillips wrote:
Gerald, I do have my group settings set to resize photo attachments to 488x488. It's strange that the attached photos are only showing up fuzzy for some members and not others.
Annick
Perhaps you could isolate the issue by having one or more of the fuzzy pictures forwarded to you for comparison to a good picture. If they are the same file and resolution, then the fuzziness probably has something to do with what the users are using to view the images.

--
Gerald

KWKloeber

With those members’ email clients, do you know whether the photos are coming through in line or as attachments?  Some clients may downgrade them based on their settings.

Andy Wedge

FYI,

as Bruce reported on GMF, embedded images are scaled to 640px in the long dimension.
https://groups.io/g/GroupManagersForum/topic/photos_attached_or_placed_in/31887820

Andy