moderated groups.io being "blacklisted" by windstream.net for "bad reputation"

Thought I'd put this out on beta, rather than to support, to let others know: a windstream.net group member of mine is consistently bouncing, with this reason:
"550 5.7.1 [C10] RBL restriction: Blacklisted by Internal Reputation Service - 66.175.222.12"

p.s. Mark, I will also send you the specific member activity log at support, in case that helps.

Bob Bellizzi

J,
That ip is a groups.io ip so it seems that groups.io is blocking output to your member, rather than the member's ip doing it.
--

Bob Bellizzi

Duane

On Sun, Jul 7, 2019 at 12:46 PM, Bob Bellizzi wrote:
That ip is a groups.io ip so it seems that groups.io is blocking output to your member
No, the 'error' is what the user's service is reporting back to groups.io when it rejects a message.

Duane

By the way, the bounce probe I just also bounced, with this entry:
550 5.1.1 [R2] Recipient [redacted]@windstream.net does not exist here.

Which makes you think the email address is gone, kaput. However, she has been bouncing on and off for about a year, and at one point, she did respond to a bounce probe and was shown then as "no longer bouncing."

Maybe this is not a windstream-wide issue, but the thing about "reputation" made me wonder. At any rate, I sent the detailed info to support. I have not tried to contact the member yet outside of the system, and may not bother since she has been pretty inactive lately anyway. I just wanted to put in the alert here in case windstream was completely blocking groups.io.

On Sun, Jul 7, 2019 at 11:21 AM, J_Catlady wrote:
the bounce probe I just also bounced
typo, should read "the bounce probe I just sent also bounced"

(I just deleted my previous version of the message below because I'd forgotten to redact the member's real name. Thanks, Shal.:-)
I just emailed the member offlist using gmail, and got back a bounce message with the same text as above ("does not exist" etc). So she seems to be a lost cause and I've deleted her from the group.