moderated include "direct added" in member activity #suggestion

Mark,
Great, thanks! (I would not expect old activities to be retroactively added.:)

Hi J,

On Sun, Jun 16, 2019 at 12:19 PM J_Catlady <j.olivia.catlady@...> wrote:
I can't remember whether this came up before: since moderator actions on a membership of having approved or rejected a membership are included in the member's activity history, it seems an anomaly that having been direct added is not included as well. For example, I have a group member who was initially rejected, and then direct added as a result of further offlist communication. Her member activity page shows only that a moderator rejected her and the next thing, edited her posting status. It looks a little crazy.

This bug has now been fixed. It only applies to newly generated activity log entries, however. Old ones will continue to not show up in the member's activity log.

Bruce Bowman

On Thu, Jun 20, 2019 at 02:15 PM, Andy W wrote:
I believe this is referring to the member's activity log.  If you look in there, there is no reference to being added.
Ah, I see. Yes, it certainly seems like it should be there, too. Sorry for being slow on the uptake.

Bruce

Exactly right. The member activity log is explicitly the issue here.

On Jun 20, 2019, at 11:15 AM, Andy W <andy_wedge@...> wrote:

Bruce,

On Thu, Jun 20, 2019 at 07:12 PM, Bruce Bowman wrote:
I just checked our group's activity log and each Direct Add
I believe this is referring to the member's activity log.  If you look in there, there is no reference to being added.

Andy

Andy Wedge

On Sun, Jun 16, 2019 at 03:19 PM, J_Catlady wrote:
I can't remember whether this came up before: since moderator actions on a membership of having approved or rejected a membership are included in the member's activity history, it seems an anomaly that having been direct added is not included as well.
J -- I just checked our group's activity log and each Direct Add creates an entry along these lines:

"Moderator name <email address> added [new member's email address] with message "This email signifies that you have been added to the collaboration site for the Indiana Astronomical Society at groups.io. IAS-INDY is a etc...

It doesn't say "direct added," but it does say "added." The same thing happens when Direct Adding someone to a subgroup...with or without a corresponding Member Notice.

Just struggling a little to understand the scope of the proposal.

Regards,
Bruce