From: J_Catlady
Date: 6/10/2019 9:54:52 AM
Subject: [beta] Add "second request," "third request," etc. to email subject when resending pending notice #suggestion

I just got a message from a veterinary pharmacy with title beginning "second request," telling me that they were still awaiting my vet's approval on a prescription. It occurred to me that this might be a good idea for resending of the pending subscription notices.

Right. It also could be called “second attemot” instead of “request.” Not sure which is better. But either one gets more attention than a simple resend.

On Jun 10, 2019, at 9:10 AM, Leeni <leeniluvsgroups@...> wrote:

I like that because many times the first one is overlooked and if it said 2nd request they may open it and read it. Leeni

From: J_Catlady
Date: 6/10/2019 11:50:47 AM

Right. It also could be called “second attemot” instead of “request.” Not sure which is better. But either one gets more attention than a simple resend.

On Jun 10, 2019, at 9:10 AM, Leeni <leeniluvsgroups@...> wrote:

I like that because many times the first one is overlooked and if it said 2nd request they may open it and read it. Leeni

I just got a message from a veterinary pharmacy with title beginning "second request," telling me that they were still awaiting my vet's approval on a prescription. It occurred to me that this might be a good idea for resending of the pending subscription notices.

Well obviously that was a typo. Lol

On Jun 10, 2019, at 10:15 AM, Leeni <leeniluvsgroups@...> wrote:

Many members who join my groups will not know what the word attemot means so maybe the word attempt should be used instead.

Right. It also could be called “second attemot” instead of “request.” Not sure which is better. But either one gets more attention than a simple resend.

On Jun 10, 2019, at 9:10 AM, Leeni <leeniluvsgroups@...> wrote:

I like that because many times the first one is overlooked and if it said 2nd request they may open it and read it. Leeni

I just got a message from a veterinary pharmacy with title beginning "second request," telling me that they were still awaiting my vet's approval on a prescription. It occurred to me that this might be a good idea for resending of the pending subscription notices.

Leeni

That could be true too!
If they can't open up a pending message request and if they do and don't send it back they probably won't be a good member anyway as they won't follow simple rules.
So who needs them!

--

Bob Bellizzi

Leeni

Then I saw the next message which I also agree with.
Sometimes a reminder is needed because with all the mail some of the perspective members get the first send could be lost or mixed in with their other mail.

If they can't open up a pending message request and if they do and don't send it back they probably won't be a good member anyway as they won't follow simple rules.
So who needs them!

I dislike the idea. They are the ones who wish to join a group and they already took action to indicate that.

If they disregard messages after expressing a desire to join, it's a reflection on their attitude indicating you're group really isn't that important to them.
--

Bob Bellizzi

Leeni

What is funny was when looked up the word attemot on Google the definition came up as attempt

Many members who join my groups will not know what the word attemot means so maybe the word attempt should be used instead.

Right. It also could be called “second attemot” instead of “request.” Not sure which is better. But either one gets more attention than a simple resend.

On Jun 10, 2019, at 9:10 AM, Leeni <leeniluvsgroups@...> wrote:

I like that because many times the first one is overlooked and if it said 2nd request they may open it and read it. Leeni

I just got a message from a veterinary pharmacy with title beginning "second request," telling me that they were still awaiting my vet's approval on a prescription. It occurred to me that this might be a good idea for resending of the pending subscription notices.

The bottom line is that this is a no-op for groups who won’t resend the notice anyway because they’re hardliners on it being members’ responsibility to respond the first time. And it is a modest improvement for groups who do believe in resending the notice. I think there’s not much more to be said. It is a trivial (although slightly less than trivial to implement) change that can’t possibly do any harm. Therefore, I am done here!

On Jun 10, 2019, at 10:36 AM, Leeni <leeniluvsgroups@...> wrote:

What is funny was when looked up the word attemot on Google the definition came up as attempt

Many members who join my groups will not know what the word attemot means so maybe the word attempt should be used instead.

Right. It also could be called “second attemot” instead of “request.” Not sure which is better. But either one gets more attention than a simple resend.

On Jun 10, 2019, at 9:10 AM, Leeni <leeniluvsgroups@...> wrote:

I like that because many times the first one is overlooked and if it said 2nd request they may open it and read it. Leeni

I just got a message from a veterinary pharmacy with title beginning "second request," telling me that they were still awaiting my vet's approval on a prescription. It occurred to me that this might be a good idea for resending of the pending subscription notices.

I am now repeating my request for this feature. I strongly fee that if possible, the second and third sendings of the pending message should be labeled as such. We have now experienced, not for the first time, a member who has responded identically to the both the first and second pending messages, sending us two emails, having apparently seen them both in her inbox at the same time and not realized that the second one was simply a repeat of the first. Labelling as "second attempt" would have prevented this.

On Wed, Jul 10, 2019 at 6:53 PM J_Catlady <j.olivia.catlady@...> wrote:
I am now repeating my request for this feature.

I've changed it so that when you resend a pending subscription notice, it now prepends 'Resend: ' to the subject line. In order to track the number of times a pending subscriber message has been sent, I'd need to add a column to the subscription table in the database, which I'd like to avoid if possible.

Great, thanks! That should be good enough.