Topics

moderated Site updates #changelog

Changes to the site this week:

  • CHANGE: When viewing a database table in map view, changed the formatting of the rows to match the non-map view and added in the ability to collapse columns.
  • CHANGE: When viewing a database table with an address, the [Map] link now opens up in the new page.
  • NEW: New /getpastmembers API endpoint and lots of little API documentation fixes.
  • CHANGE: Changed the expiry of login links from 2 hours to 24 hours.
  • NEW: Barracuda Networks firewalls are sometimes blocking messages from us, for reasons I don't yet understand. The bounce message was being interpreted as a hard bounce, but the blocks are not consistent, so I've changed the bounce parsing for these messages to treat them as soft bounces instead.
  • CHANGE: For emails originating from the website, we replaced the X-Originating-IP header with two new headers, X-Originating-Location and X-Originating-Platform
  • NEW: When specifying a yahoo group to transfer, you can now specify a list of people to exclude from the transfer process.
  • INTERNAL: More work on automating adding and monitoring new machines.
  • NEW: Upcoming event summary email for premium groups.
  • NEW: In pending subscription notifications, include the pending subscriber's platform, browser, location and IP address.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Mark

Andy Wedge

Hi Mark,

thanks.  The updated map view format and map link work well for me.

I'd also like to suggest that the column headings on the map view list stay fixed below the map as you scroll down the list. Currently they disappear behind the map.

Regards,
Andy

Glenn Glazer

On 6/7/2019 21:23, Mark Fletcher wrote:
NEW: When specifying a yahoo group to transfer, you can now specify a list of people to exclude from the transfer process.

Does this mean just membership or all of the things they contributed to the prior group are also not migrated?

Best,

Glenn

--
We must work to make the Democratic Party the Marketplace of Ideas not the Marketplace of Favors.

Andy Wedge

On Sat, Jun 8, 2019 at 03:26 PM, Glenn Glazer wrote:
Does this mean just membership or all of the things they contributed to the prior group are also not migrated?
I think the answer you're looking for is already stated here:
https://beta.groups.io/g/main/topic/feature_request_excluding/31687034

Andy

Glenn Glazer

On 6/8/2019 08:55, Andy W wrote:
On Sat, Jun 8, 2019 at 03:26 PM, Glenn Glazer wrote:
Does this mean just membership or all of the things they contributed to the prior group are also not migrated?
I think the answer you're looking for is already stated here:
https://beta.groups.io/g/main/topic/feature_request_excluding/31687034

Andy

Thanks, Andy, that's perfect.

So, if Bob is excluded from the new group and sent a message, then that would not get ported over, but presumably if Alice responded to Bob, quoting him, that quoted message would still get transferred over?

Best,

Glenn

--

On Sat, Jun 8, 2019 at 04:58 PM, Glenn Glazer wrote:
So, if Bob is excluded from the new group and sent a message, then that would not get ported over, but presumably if Alice responded to Bob, quoting him, that quoted message would still get transferred over?
That would be logical as the message with the quote would 'belong' to Alice (and assuming Alice was not excluded also).

Andy