Topics

moderated UI suggestion

Minh Tran <sharpwitz@...>

When the user sees the message
You are not subscribed to this group with this email

I think it would be helpful to shorten the pink area up to the length of the text
You are not subscribed to this group with this email

then immediately to the right of the message
show the button
Join This Group

this makes more intuitive sense

Bruce Bowman

On Thu, Jun 6, 2019 at 12:16 PM, Minh Tran wrote:
When the user sees the message "You are not subscribed to this group with this email"

I think it would be helpful to shorten the pink area up to the length of the text You are not subscribed to this group with this email

then immediately to the right of the message show the button "Join This Group"
I find it difficult to support this proposal. It's likely that the person is already subscribed. Encouraging them to subscribe a second address does not serve to explain what happened and will only cause further confusion when they begin to receive duplicate messages from the group.

Regards,
Bruce

Chris Jones

On Fri, Jun 7, 2019 at 04:21 PM, Bruce Bowman wrote:
I find it difficult to support this proposal.
In addition this suggestion got no traction when submitted to the GMF.

Chris