Topics

moderated New premium group feature: event summary emails

On Fri, Sep 18, 2020 at 5:54 AM Andy Wedge <andy_wedge@...> wrote:

I'm just giving this a nudge and following up on a current topic on GMF. Can you confirm whether the calendar event summaries should contain 10 or 20 events?  The owners' manual says 20 but since its inception back in June 2019 I have never seen more than 10.

I've changed it to 20.

Andy Wedge

On Mon, Jul 29, 2019 at 03:06 PM, Andy Wedge wrote:
On Tue, Jun 4, 2019 at 08:15 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
you can have an email sent to your group listing the next 20 events in your group
The cal-summary emails we receive are only listing the next 10 events.  Is there also a limit on how far in advance the system is checking for events to include on the summary?
Hi Mark,

I'm just giving this a nudge and following up on a current topic on GMF. Can you confirm whether the calendar event summaries should contain 10 or 20 events?  The owners' manual says 20 but since its inception back in June 2019 I have never seen more than 10.

Regards
Andy

Andy Wedge

On Tue, Jun 4, 2019 at 08:15 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
you can have an email sent to your group listing the next 20 events in your group
The cal-summary emails we receive are only listing the next 10 events.  Is there also a limit on how far in advance the system is checking for events to include on the summary?

Andy

Nina Eppes

Awesome, Mark! Thank you so much!

- Nina

On Wed, Jun 5, 2019 at 8:05 AM Nina Eppes <nina.eppes@...> wrote:
I like this idea, but for my chorus group, an event summary every week would be overkill because we don't have that many events and they're fairly spread out; therefore, we'd see the same ones listed in the summary email for several weeks in a row. However, I think a summary once a month would work nicely for us. Would it be possible to add an option to send the event summary monthly?

There's now a dropdown in group settings to select either weekly Friday delivery or monthly delivery of the summary email.

Cheers,
Mark

Nina Eppes

I like this idea, but for my chorus group, an event summary every week would be overkill because we don't have that many events and they're fairly spread out; therefore, we'd see the same ones listed in the summary email for several weeks in a row. However, I think a summary once a month would work nicely for us. Would it be possible to add an option to send the event summary monthly?

Thanks,
Nina

Hi All,

I just pushed a new feature for premium groups, event summary emails. Every Friday morning, you can have an email sent to your group listing the next 20 events in your group. It's tagged with #cal-summary. To turn it on, look for the new checkbox in the Calendar section of your group settings page.

Cheers,
Mark