Topics

moderated Making a member a moderator

Can this be done or have I missed it?

Chris Jones

On Sat, Jun 1, 2019 at 11:46 AM, Hilary Syddall wrote:
Can this be done or have I missed it?
The answer is yes to both. :)

Find the member you wish to promote to moderator in the members list.
Click on their entry in that list anywhere except the checkbox. (This will take to the membership information for that specific individual.)
Look down the various headings (User Name, Display Name, Joined) until you get to Role. (It should currently show Member)
Click on the arrow at the right hand side of that "box" to reveal a drop - down menu; select Moderator.
Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on Save.

Job done.

Chris

Duane

On Sat, 1 Jun 2019 at 13:16, Chris Jones via Groups.Io <chrisjones12=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:
On Sat, Jun 1, 2019 at 11:46 AM, Hilary Syddall wrote:
Can this be done or have I missed it?
The answer is yes to both. :)

Find the member you wish to promote to moderator in the members list.
Click on their entry in that list anywhere except the checkbox. (This will take to the membership information for that specific individual.)
Look down the various headings (User Name, Display Name, Joined) until you get to Role. (It should currently show Member)
Click on the arrow at the right hand side of that "box" to reveal a drop - down menu; select Moderator.
Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on Save.

Job done.

Chris

Jeremy H

Not mentioned explicitly by Chris or Duane, but after after you have selected Moderator in the role drop down list, you will see three lists - Moderator Permissions, Notifications and Owner Email - you will need to review these and make choices based on what you want them to do (by default, I think they get a lot of e-mails about things to be done, but not the ability to do very much). Again, you will need to click Save at te bottom of the page for these to take effect.

Jeremy

Chris Jones

On Sun, Jun 2, 2019 at 11:59 AM, Jeremy H wrote:
Not mentioned explicitly by Chris or Duane...
Yeah; sorry about missing that out. I realised not long after I posted it.

Mea Culpa

Chris

I found that as well - so all sorted, thank you everyone for helping this bear of little brain!