Topics

moderated Mobile App (especially for Andrioid)

Sreenadh OG

Hi,
  Is there a mobile app for Groups.io?

About Myself: I had a yahoo group of 3000+ members from 2005 to 2013. With Yahoo Groups unfriendly modifications, I left yahoo groups and tried hosting a phorum forum on my website, but was unsatisfied with the results. Then migrated to FB Groups and has a group with 18,000+ members now . But to be frank, I dislike FB Groups, and want to quite FB. I loved the good old yahoo groups a lot and now with Groups.io I realize that it gives almost the same and more functionalities. But may be FB is more mobile friendly and this is an era when people are more into mobiles than PC. Most of my FB group users too access my FB group from mobile and not from PC. So if groups.io had a mobile app version, it would have been great. I know that groups.io is a responsive site and can be accessed from mobile as well. But the experience is not good enough, and may be a dedicated mobile app (especially for android) to access groups.io from mobile would be a great value addition.
Thanks and regards,
Sreenadh OG 

Sarah k Alawami

No. Not that I'm aware of. I woudl be nice, maybe one day, but for now, not now.

Take care

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website. This is also our libsyn page as well.
For stuff we sell, mac training materials and  tutorials go here.
and for hosting options go here
to subscribe to the feed click here

Our telegram channel is also a good place for an announce only in regard to podcasts, contests, etc.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here

On 29 May 2019, at 20:13, Sreenadh OG wrote:

Hi,

About Myself: I had a yahoo group of 3000+ members from 2005 to 2013. With Yahoo Groups unfriendly modifications, I left yahoo groups and tried hosting a phorum forum on my website, but was unsatisfied with the results. Then migrated to FB Groups and has a group with 18,000+ members now . But to be frank, I dislike FB Groups, and want to quite FB. I loved the good old yahoo groups a lot and now with Groups.io I realize that it gives almost the same and more functionalities. But may be FB is more mobile friendly and this is an era when people are more into mobiles than PC. Most of my FB group users too access my FB group from mobile and not from PC. So if groups.io had a mobile app version, it would have been great. I know that groups.io is a responsive site and can be accessed from mobile as well. But the experience is not good enough, and may be a dedicated mobile app (especially for android) to access groups.io from mobile would be a great value addition.
Thanks and regards,
Sreenadh OG 

Sreenadh,

One is in the works.
https://beta.groups.io/g/main/message/18909

Shal