Topics

moderated Event: Short downtime this evening #downtime - Thursday, 16 May 2019 #downtime #cal-invite

main@beta.groups.io Calendar <main@...>

Short downtime this evening #downtime

When:
Thursday, 16 May 2019
9:00pm to 9:05pm
(GMT-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Hi All,

I need to take the site down for about 5 minutes this evening, Thursday May 16 at 9pm Pacific Time (Friday 4am UTC), to do some upgrades to mitigate the latest Intel vulnerability (aka ZombieLoad). Email should be queued and sent when the site is back up.

I've also been told by our hosting service to expect some downtime in the coming weeks. When I know more, I'll let you know.

Thanks, Mark

Mark,

Well, ok, as long as it doesn't last a SINGLE SECOND past five minutes!!! :-)
Seriously, thanks. These notifications are greatly appreciated, especially in contrast to other sites' total lack of them.

Hi All,

I am cancelling the downtime this evening. In testing, I found a problem with the recommended software upgrade.

Thanks, Mark