Topics

moderated Site updates #changelog

Changes to the site this week:

  • BUGFIX: Slack authentication was broken for groups that had subdomains.
  • CHANGE: Temporarily disabled new Google Drive authentication, because Google changed things on their end and broke the integration.
  • SECURITY: Rate limiting access to the /login page.
  • CHANGE: Do not include topics tagged with 'no email' hashtags in the daily summaries.
  • CHANGE: In the /feed, show next upcoming events, not events that have been most recently created.
  • BUGFIX: In the /feed, don't show database activity for groups you don't have permission to view.
  • INTERNAL: Converted source code dependencies to use new Go modules system.
  • BUGFIX: Timezones were sometimes not being read correctly from calendar invites emailed to the group, due to a bug in the underlying library.
  • BUGFIX: Pending message viewing would fail if the sender user record had been deleted.
  • NEW: Display RSVP status on event popups on the calendar. Also, new 'RSVPed Events Only' button to show only events you've RSVPed to.
  • CHANGE: Improved the format of the event reminder email.
  • NEW: Monday Start checkbox in user preferences and group default sub settings to indicate that the calendar should start on Mondays instead of Sundays.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Mark

Michael Pavan

• CHANGE: Improved the format of the event reminder email.
The addition of:
"Upcoming Event: "
to event reminder Subject lines is excess verbiage, which along with the:
[Group Email Address tag] Event Name, Day, Date and Times, and the hashtag #cal-reminder
makes for rather long Subject Lines, for example:

[beta] Upcoming Event: Event Name - Tue, 2019-05-14 7:30pm-9:45pm #cal-reminder

[GroupManagersForum] Upcoming Event: Event Name - Tue, 2019-05-14 7:30pm-9:45pm #cal-reminder

No need to differentiate from past events unless reminders are being sent out for them too.

For events occurring now, I would suggest adding "NOW" would be better, if anything is desirable. It is short, and would only have to be done for what I suspect are relatively few reminders. Personally if I have to be reminded of something when it starts, I'm already late... However I wouldn't begrudge anyone who would want that.

Dave Sergeant

I agree. When I saw our reminder earlier in the week I thought 'why
does it say all that'. It is not an improvement, sorry.

Dave

http://davesergeant.com