moderated auto-check "moderated" box on topic if marked with moderated hashtag #suggestion

I noticed this morning that while topics marked with a moderated hashtag are correctly labelled with the "moderated" icon, the box "moderated" is not checked when you click on "edit topic." I don't know if "locked" has the same lack, but in any case I think both should have the boxes automatically checked if a topic is already resp. moderated or locked. I got confused this morning because the box was allowing me to check it when the topic was already moderated.

Gerald Boutin <groupsio@...>

The checkbox you are referring to currently shows the status of the "Topic Moderated" setting. This is independent from the "Moderated by Hashtag" setting. In other words, either being set will cause the topic to be moderated.

If you un-check that box in edit Topic, what would you expect to have happen? Both the Hashtag and Topic Moderated settings are cleared?

I can see that it may not be obvious from memory after looking at the email for a few moments and not realizing that the topic already includes moderation by hashtag. What about just continuing to display the Moderated Icon in the title line when doing the edit topic? Perhaps the label of the checkbox could be changed to make it cleared that it only refers to "Moderated by Topic".

--
Gerald

On Sun, Apr 14, 2019 at 09:15 AM, Gerald Boutin wrote:
The checkbox you are referring to currently shows the status of the "Topic Moderated" setting.
Yes. And previously, some months ago, I posted here that topics moderated by hashtag did not display the moderated icon. That's now been fixed. I think this issue is just a similar oversight and should be fixed as well.

"Topic moderated" is not "independent" of being moderated by hashtag. If a topic is moderated, whether directly by hand or indirectly by hashtag, it's moderated, period. I think that all settings, checkboxes, and icons can and should reflect that.

Actually since this is more of a bug than a requested feature I probably should have sent it to support instead of here. I'll do that now.

On Sun, Apr 14, 2019 at 09:15 AM, Gerald Boutin wrote:

If you un-check that box in edit Topic, what would you expect to have happen? Both the Hashtag and Topic Moderated settings are cleared?
Forgot to answer this: no, the hashtag would not be cleared. But the topic should and would be cleared. The "locked" setting works that way currently, and "moderated" works that way as well, with the exception of the erroneous checkbox. You can unlock any topic that's been locked by hashtag. The manual takes precedence.