moderated Suggestion for new feed page

KWKloeber

Old topic - new request

Could the feed, next to each active post, also identify the last member who replied?
Other forums (VERY helpful) display what member originated the topic and the member who last posted.
It's very handy to know whether you are, for instance, going to open up your own last reply vs someone else's reply. Or a reply from "fred" that you have already viewed.  It wouldn't be a perfect solution but would go a long way.

-K

Chris Jones

On Fri, Apr 5, 2019 at 05:20 PM, I wrote:
Curiously none of the 8 groups of which I am a member has (or more correctly had) set a non - elephant icon
Oops; mea culpa. Shal had set one for his test group. Please don't throw me off it. :)

Chris

Chris Jones

On Thu, Apr 4, 2019 at 11:13 PM, Ken Kloeber wrote:
BTW, setting a Mobile icon (group Admin settings) is the icon that shows up in the group feed.
Curiously none of the 8 groups of which I am a member has (or more correctly had) set a non - elephant icon; I have just done one for the group I moderate. May I advise anyone thinking of setting one up that it has to be incredibly simple, IMHO, for the simple reason that as displayed it will be (of necessity) rather small for anything "exotic".

I have taken the monumental liberty of attaching one suitable for this group should its owner see fit to use it. :)

Chris

Duane

On Fri, Apr 5, 2019 at 09:56 AM, Holly wrote:
it varies randomly between the groups.io/feed and groups.io/groups.
There are several pages that can become the 'default' for the home page, depending on which you last visited.  The 2 you mentioned, as well as groups.io/topics and groups.io/calendar for sure and there may be others I'm not aware of, but not the bounce page.

Duane

Holly <holly@...>

Well, it did start as a suggestion for the feed page :) But I won't clutter up the list with stuff that isn't related to improvement suggestions.

Thanks, that idea worked for me. The feed page remains strange - it doesn't show me the last page I visited, which is usually my bounce page, but it varies randomly between the groups.io/feed and groups.io/groups.

Holly

On 4/5/19 10:23 AM, Ken Kloeber via Groups.Io wrote:
Holly
You should probably take this discussion over to the GMF but...
You don’t need to be annoyed. Don’t worry, be happy!
https://groups.io/groups
X out. The next g.io <http://g.io> will take you back there and will continue to take you there unless you X out with the feed page open.
You don’t need to keep a page open, just put a link on your browser top bar or save a link to a convenient place like your start menu or desktop if on a PC
Ken

KWKloeber

Holly

You should probably take this discussion over to the GMF but...

You don’t need to be annoyed. Don’t worry, be happy!

X out. The next g.io will take you back there and will continue to take you there unless you X out with the feed page open.

You don’t need to keep a page open, just put a link on your browser top bar or save a link to a convenient place like your start menu or desktop if on a PC

Ken

Sent from my phone

Holly <holly@...>

When I went to groups.io earlier, it gave me what I thought was the feed page - a list of the groups I belong to, with the one I own on top.

When I went to groups.io/feed, it showed me the groups I belong to with the most active at the top - not a useful arrangement for me.

When I went to groups.io just now, after reading your email, I found myself with the "feed" layout.

I'm confused and annoyed at this point and glad that I don't use the web interface very much! I'll just go back to keeping the bouncing members page open in my browser and refresh that as needed. Everything else I can manage via email.

Holly

On 4/4/19 6:13 PM, Ken Kloeber via Groups.Io wrote:
Holly
HTTPS://Groups.io is the feed page.
She remembers your last choice and you’re redirected to there.
So after g.io, if you go to Your Groups, that’s what will open next on g.io.
If you go to Topics. The next g.io will take you to topics.
BTW, setting a Mobile icon (group Admin settings) is the icon that shows up in the group feed. (Not when you use a mobile browser.)

KWKloeber

Holly

HTTPS://Groups.io is the feed page.
She remembers your last choice and you’re redirected to there.
So after g.io, if you go to Your Groups, that’s what will open next on g.io.
If you go to Topics. The next g.io will take you to topics.

BTW, setting a Mobile icon (group Admin settings) is the icon that shows up in the group feed. (Not when you use a mobile browser.)

Holly <holly@...>

OK, I was totally confused :) I went to groups.io and assumed that would be the feed page. From there it's 2 clicks to get into a group.

The actual feed page, as you obviously know :), is groups.io/feed. That's really not my style, since I want on top the group I own, which won't be the one with the most traffic, so won't be bothering with it.

Thanks for the BFO :)

Holly

On 4/4/19 10:05 AM, Duane wrote:
On Thu, Apr 4, 2019 at 08:50 AM, Holly wrote:
I expected the group names to be links taking me directly to those
groups
Might not be a bad idea, but you may have overlooked something.  There are two ways to get directly to a group from the feed page.  Clicking on the group 'logo' to the left of the description or using the View All to the right of the Active Topics label.  Both will take you to the Topics view of the group though, not the home page.

On Thu, Apr 4, 2019 at 08:50 AM, Holly wrote:
I expected the group names to be links taking me directly to those groups
Might not be a bad idea, but you may have overlooked something.  There are two ways to get directly to a group from the feed page.  Clicking on the group 'logo' to the left of the description or using the View All to the right of the Active Topics label.  Both will take you to the Topics view of the group though, not the home page.

Duane

Holly <holly@...>

I just went to my feed page for the first time (nearly everything I do is via email so don't visit very often), and I rather like it. After all the discussion I thought I wouldn't - I still don't like the FaceBook feed pages after I guess 4 years or so, but this one is clean and easy to navigate.

However, I expected the group names to be links taking me directly to those groups - not because I thought that I understood it to be the case from discussions here, but just because it seemed logical with the format I saw on the feed page. Instead, I had to do <gasping> :) a whole 2 more clicks to get to the group I own - clicking on groups in the side bar, then on the group in question.

Is it easily doable to make the group names in the feed page linked to the group in question? Do others feel this would be a nice function to add?

Thanks,

Holly